Ch. 20

Red Hot
Chapter 20:
{VALERIE}

(1 year later)

"...Pregnant?"

"What?" Yvonne asked, clearly snapping out of a daze. "Did you say you're pregnant?"

I laughed "Excuse me...but that would be a big fat NO." I said smiling and shaking my head. It's not as If I didn't want children someday, especially with my Trace...and while we were having as much fun as we could any chance we got, we were also taking all the proper steps to prevent having kids right now.

"Girl I asked if this dress makes me look pregnant...perhaps not the best choice in words." I admitted as I looked at myself once again. "I mean it's a nice dress but the middle kind of...bubbles out?"

"I think you look great." She said.

I nodded and knew I'd get the dress, even if I did fuss about the midsection throughout the evening.

My time here as Luna of this pack has been such a whirlwind from moving over, to fully being presented, my training, and forming my own group of friends who I consider family now.

Garnet Hills is such a magical place where everyone seems to just fit, and I'm so glad that I'm one of those ever moving pieces that belongs now.

Of course time seemed to fly by though as we now found ourselves getting ready (the night before), for Zoe's graduation.

"I'll bet $10 Ry comes in at the last minute." Yvonne said as I paid for my dress.

I shook my head, "no way...it's Zo's graduation, if anything he's going to be bossy and make sure everyone's there and accounted for probably hours before the whole ceremony even begins."

"So $10?" She egged on.

I shook my head. "You're on...but you're gonna lose."

She shrugged "we'll see...you forget, I work alongside Ryder and I know how much he does at the clinic."

But I knew Yvonne was right though.

The night after Yvonne had spoken with Trace, he'd later informed me that she and her mate had been facing some issues, he wouldn't go into too much detail as he wanted to respect her privacy and I respected him for it.

That same week she moved back to the pack and told me everything that had happened between her and Peter.

That's when a friendship sort of bloomed between Yvonne and I.

Of course she told me how much of a struggle it was to just walk away from her mate...I couldn't even begin to imagine how difficult it must've been.

But in the same respect she seemed happy. I know Trace chalked it up to her being home, being around her friends and family here...Without trying to pry too much of course we were only to thrilled to have her here. She stayed at the pack house for a while, but kept her stuff at her mother's old family home.

I looked over at her as she looked herself over in the mirror, She was trying on this empire style dress. It wasn't really my personal style choice (I like to have a more form fitting cut) but the tighter bust and long flowy pleated skirt looked good on her, and the deep sage color really brought out her eyes.

"You thinking about getting it?" I asked as I watched her just look at her reflection.

"Hmm?"

I laughed and shook my head, "Now who's zoning out?"

"Sorry my minds wandering." She confessed, "I was caught up thinking about this year and everything that's happened since I moved back out here."

I nodded, "Just a few months more than a year...but who's counting?" I put in as I moved back toward the dressing rooms to get out of the dress.