Ch. 4

Yvonne's Story 
Blood Bound
Chapter Four: Memory Lane

{ Yvonne }

I was a ball of nerves the next morning.

My wolf was beyond antsy and wanted to go for a run so badly, but I refused. In fact I holed myself up in the hotel room until I knew it would be time for me to leave. The last thing I needed was to run into anyone right now, not with the way I'm feeling...on edge, anxious...almost like I was in a rush for something but I didn't have anything to rush towards.

I went down for breakfast and saw a couple of people, some of them even came up to me.

"It's so good to see you back in town Yvonne." Heather, a girl I was on the Cheer squad with in high school said.

"I'm only dropping in to bug my brothers." I tried to play it cool.

"And your mate?" She asked.

"Oh he was called away for work, that's actually why I came...with him gone for a while I figured I could come and check in on my family, get to know the new Luna some and just catch up."

She smiled, "Alpha Trace's mate is doing a great job so far."

"I love to hear that...It's definitely not an easy role to fill but I have every confidence in her and my brother running this pack smoothly."

"I think they're exactly what we need." She added.

I took a sip of my orange juice. Not really knowing if she was trying to rub in the fact that she knew Peter and I made a scene about titles and were immediate turned down by my Dad, The council, and Trace.

Or if she ws just a suck up and thought I'd talk he rup to Trace and Valerie.

Eitherway, it made me uncomfortable and I'd wish she'd leave.

She sighed and shook her head, getting more comfortable in her seat, clearly no sign to leave anytime soon. "It's just so surreal...you being here, Maddox Cree moving back, it sort of feels like old times a bit."

"I didn't realize he'd come back." I lied.

"I assumed your brother would've told you?" She wondered aloud suspiciously.

"I'm surprising them, that's why I stayed here last night instead of the pack house." I said as if it should've been obvious.

She blushed a little, "Of course...I hadn't even stopped to consider it, I'm sorry."

"No apologies needed." I said feeling a little guilty now. "So how long has Mads been back?"

"Only just, about a week now...But he's settling quickly, Do you remember Krista Vaughn?"

I nodded, "Yeah her parents use to let her have all those sleepover for the whole squad."

She laughed a little, "Which you never went to."

I blushed now but smirked to save face "And here I thought I was being discreet."

She chuckled, "To be honest, we use to all try and figure out who you'd been sneaking off with...a couple of us though it might've been Mads, but it never stuck since back then because he was, you know..."

"No, know what?" I asked.

"He's gay, or was..." she said shaking her head now, "Or maybe he's bisexual."

I laughed so hard I started tearing up. "He isn't gay, and he's never been anything but straight."

"Sure fooled all of us, I mean he never so much as flirted with any of us girls and trust me, we all tried...and then the fact that he only hung around...-"