Memories Pt-2

Yvonne's Story 
Blood Bound

{ Maddox 17 years old }

I prayed to the fates for two weeks straight and as I stood out here in the middle of the large circle of pack members surrounding me, I sent up the same prayer.

'Please...Fates you know my heart and my head...I'm a creature of your own making, and ask you to please grant me this one request...Please let her be mine...I've love Yvonne Johnson more than I love life itself...she is my reason for being, and I know she and I would be the best mates and never take it for granted...The shift comes with pain, but I swear to you here and now that I would take that pain and then some if it means she gets to be mine...I'd gladly endure whatever price there is to obtain her as my mate...please don't take her away from me.'

"Maddox Cree." My Alpha said, all of his power radiated in his official voice as it rang out, drawing my attention to him now. "The time has come my boy,"

I nodded and he continued to give me the order.

"Maddox Cree, allow the moon to shine down and guide you through your Wolf's awakening, Shift my boy and become a full fledged member of our illustrious Garnet Hills pack."

I closed my eyes and felt as the shift began.

The pain was immediate and damn near blinding. My heart felt like it was beating too fast, my lungs felt like I wasn't getting enough air, and every single bone in my body felt like it was splintering into a billion pieces.

I squeezed my eyes shut and bit down against the pain.

I remembered my promise to the fates...I'd endure this all without complaint...all of this was for her, My little Rose...My Yvonne.

Her beautiful face filled my thoughts, the memory of her kisses trailing down my neck as we made love. The feel of her fingers lightly tracing the lines of my tattoo, the sound of her laugh...her hand in mine.

Those were the things I focused on...those were the things that got me through my first shift.

Then it finally stopped. My thoughts still on my girl.

Yvonne...the sweet girl who hated watching the new shifts was here for me and my first shift

I smiled knowing she was watching me, and still in my new wolf form I looked up and she was the person I looked for first.

And there she was, smiling just for me, so much love and affection spilling out of her in that moment it was impossible to understand how people didn't figure out we were a couple.

The urge to go over to her was overwhelming.

I wanted nothing more than to just stand beside her, protect her, continue to love her as strongly as I always have.

My wolf was wholeheartedly as drawn to her as my human form was.

But one thing was missing.

The claiming.

My Alpha talked, more than likely welcoming me to the pack but his words were lost on me right now as my focus remained on Yvonne.

I looked right at her searching for it...By every definition of a mate, she was it...The passion, the pull, the ease of just being with one another...my little rose just ticked off every single box when it came to being mates...but never once did my wolf call her his mate, he never once claimed her as ours and it was absolutely devastating.