Ch. 16

Yvonne's Story
Blood Bound
Chapter Sixteen: Messages

{ Yvonne }

Maddox and I woke up to the sound of knocking.

"Wake up love birds it's almost noon." Valerie said from the other side of the door.

I smiled and snuggled into Maddox's side.

My fiancé

'Our Fiancé.'

I smiled and kissed his chest, "Do you think she knows?" I asked.

His eyes still closed he shook his head and rubbed my fully exposed back, his hand leaving warm currents in their path, "Trace, Mo, Ryder and the staff here knew but everyone agreed to not say anything to anyone, mates included that way you could tell everyone to your heart's content."

I kissed his sharp jawline and smiled, "We should get up."

He sighed and agreed.

"Did Val say it was already noon?" He asked as he picked up our clothes from all around the bedroom and we started getting dressed. "I really have to go, I'm suppose to meet your brother and the guard to go over everything one last time for tonight...I also need to drop of your ring to be sized."

"And if Val's waking us up then I'm late to go dress shopping." I added as moved to my old jewelry box and found one of my old rings. I tested it for the fit and it was perfect so I handed it to him, "This should help."

He pocketed the ring I'd given him and we moved to the restroom together. Thankfully we'd kept toiletries here just incase because we both needed to brush our teeth, the showers would have to wait.

"You two must've had some night." Val said as she watched us make our way down the stairs together.

We reached the bottom and I kissed him goodbye before turning to face her.

"It was very eventful...I'm getting married."

She hugged me tight, "I'm so damn happy for you...I also have to tell you that Ry's been trying to get a hold of you all morning."

I moved to the side table by the front door knowing I'd left my phone there last night.

"I was wondering who's that was." Val said.

"It's dead." I said, "Let me run up and charge it...I'll leave it here while we're shopping...did he say what he wanted?"

"You know you're not suppose to do that...it could mess up the battery, or catch a fire..."

"I know mom..." I smirked teasingly. "I don't do it often, and I don't have a car charger...so this is the only other option...anyways, what's up with Ry?"

"Actually...it's either a very small world or the men in Garnet Hills have all been bitten by a a romantic bug because he wants us to set up a spot so he can propose to Zoe tonight."

I got a little watery eyed at the thought of my baby brother getting married.

"Well if it's something in the water, then here's hoping you're next." I offered playfully.

"Here's hoping." She muttered under her breath.

But there was no playing in her tone, she was serious...Val want to marry Trace, but he hadn't asked yet.

I wonder what his wait was?

"Alright, go plug in your phone so we can take off." She instructed.

_____