Ch. 18

Yvonne's Story
Blood Bound
Chapter Eighteen: Dreams Come True

{ Maddox }

I stood at the end of the garden and looked toward the French doors that led into the house.

I touched my pocket and made sure the pin was still in place. Then ran my hand down the front of my suit jacket.

"Relax." Dad said with a smirk.

"Easier said than done...do you even know how long this has been in the making and now it's finally here."

He shook his head but smiled. "And everything will go as it is meant to."

I nodded and let out a deep breath, in truth it wasn't that I was nervous...in fact, far from it. I was actually anxious and excited and wanted to somehow speed up time so I could finally be with Yvonne for good in every single way possible.

When she'd told me about our moms trying to arrange our Union since we were kids I couldn't be more thrilled. Honestly I knew she wanted to be upset about it, or rather the whole thought of having no say in the matter is what upset her.

But we both knew things worked out for us in the end...contract or no contract, we found each other and fell in love.

Just me and her.

Not the fates.

Not our parents.

Not our wolves.

Just Maddox and Yvonne, a random boy and girl meeting each other one summer and falling head over heels for one another, and nobody...not even our fates destined mates could keep us apart.

The violinists began to play and soon the doors opened.

The few friends and family we'd invited sat as we watched Sammy make his way down the aisle with rapt focus on the little pillow the rings were atop.

"Great job buddy." I said as I knelt down and removed the rings from the pillow then kissed his hair, "Go take a seat with Val and Grammy okay."

He hugged me and then ran off before Morgan began making her way down the aisle next.

Watery eyes and a joyous smile filled her pretty face as excitement bubbled out of her. I'm sure no one could help but smile while looking at my new little sister to be, myself included.

She reached me and offered me a hug before the music changed and our guests arose from their seats.

And as soon as I saw her everything stopped.

I didn't hear the music.

I didn't notice the eyes looking back at me to catch my reaction.

None of it mattered except her...my Rosie...looking more radiant than I'd ever seen her before.

I'd dreamed of this day since I was a teenager and fates above if this is somehow a dream I pray to the moon goddess no one ever wakes me up.

I took in a shaky breath to try and ground my suddenly overwhelming emotions. But when she locked eyes with me and smiled I was able to shake it all away.

Trace walked her toward me and with every step I they took I grew antsy, I needed her here by my side now, always and forever.

'Patience Dynamite...I want everyone to see how amazing I look.'

I smirked I forgot we are bonded and marked, so we can not o my feel each others emotions but also speak to one another.

'Amazing isn't an accurate enough word to describe how stunning you are right now my Rosie...you somehow make the flowers themselves look dull in comparison to your beauty.'