Ch. 5

Red Hot
Ch. Five: Declarations

{ VALERIE }

As soon as he was released he came over and whisked me away back out of the tent but this time away from the house.

"Alpha Trace Johnson." I acknowledged with a very low bow once we were alone...low enough for my head to be on the same level as his very private parts.

I looked up at him through my lashes as I took my time rising...I knew what I was doing. I want him to think about me going down on him.

"Mmm, I didn't think it was possible to have my title said in such a sexy manner."

"Oh...do you like hearing me call out your name Trace?"

"More than I should admit." He smirked.

"Duly noted."

"You're being bad." He pointed out with an accusing smirk.

"I'm good at being bad...speaking of, I caught you watching me Mr Johnson...was I able to arouse your jealousy?"

"As arousing as you are in general Red, I have to admit that I was able to contain any jealousy...this time."

"Hmmm I'll have to work harder next time." I said knowing I hadn't really done anything to purposely make him jealous.

"Harder, to make me jealous?"

I nodded, "you promised repercussions...I was having a good time thinking of punishments from the Big Bad Wolf."

"Is that so...well Red, I suppose I'm
Going to have to come up with something else to consume your thoughts."

"I'm sure you'll think of something." I smiled now.

He smiled and nodded, "at any rate...I should apologize to you Valerie."

"And what exactly are you apologizing for?"

"Being a bad host and escort for the evening...I left you alone when I should've been by your side throughout the night."

I rolled my eyes and smirked. He was obviously switching things up from flirty to being more cute.

"You left me with my sister and her friends... I was hardly alone."

"Even still I'm not one to abandon people...for which I am sorry."

I stopped us walking and look at him. "The only thing you should feel sorry for is that I've been here for almost an hour now, this is the second time we've been all alone...and yet you still haven't kissed me."

He smiled and turned to face me.

Even though I'm in heels he's still a head taller than me, proof as he pulled me into a hug and rested his chin on the top of my head.

I had to admit I wasn't expecting it...and as simple as it sounded, it was exactly what my body had been wanting.

Not the hug itself, but rather...his touch.

And the fact that he'd pulled me in close causing me to smell his amazing cologne...that just made it even better.

He then proceeded to move his hands up as he locked eyes with mine, his hands were rough as they now cradled my face.

I placed my hands against his firm chest and began to close my eyes as I knew he was finally about to kiss me now.

But he tilted my head down ever so slightly and placed the sweetest kiss upon my forehead.

I was more than a little let down and actually hung my head in shame, a guy has never turned me down the way he had. Here I was, basically throwing myself at him and he wasn't feeling it.