Ch. 10

Yvonne's Story
Blood Bound
Chapter Ten: Guilty Pleasures

{ Yvonne }

After deciding to reject Peter, I have to admit I felt like a heavy weight had been lifted off of me. More so, I didn't feel bad about staying with Maddox.

I'd come back with him after my run because honestly I was just sort of on autopilot mode and when everyone else had sort of disbursed He had stayed, waiting patiently for me before he brought me back to his house with him.

It wasn't my first time here, in fact I had helped him move in, even help him pick out some of the more "homey touches."

He'd tried to feed me, and make me comfortable but I was too far gone in my thoughts to accept anything but a shower and him next to me. But upon waking up...waking up next to him, in his house, it just felt right. I felt at ease and comfortable.

"Are you sure about this?" I asked as we sat at this little bistro style table and had breakfast on his balcony.

He shrugged nonchalantly, "It's really too much house for just Sammy and I."

"Why'd you buy it in the first place then?" I asked.

"It was as steal, I'd of been a fool to pass it up...plus the last owners did all of the reno to bring this place up to code and into the 21st century...only thing for me to do is get a pool in the ground and get my girl to move in."

I smiled. "I'll only do it if Sammy's fine with it...I don't want to confuse him or anything."

"How so?"

"Well, If memory serves...you and I aren't the best at hiding our affections for one another."

"I don't know what you mean." He said playfully as he lightly let his hand glide up my leg from ankle to knee, as my legs were propped up on his thighs.

We'd had a lazy morning in and ordered breakfast, when it arrived, not wanting to get dressed up I'd opted to stay in the outfit he'd given me last night after we'd had a shower from my run.

So in a pair of his boxer brief and one of his button up tops I sat across from him as we were lazily enjoying just being together.

"Don't avoid the question."

He sighed, "There'll be no confusion...trust me."

"How can you be so sure?"

He smirked a little, "For one he's four and thinks you're a princess so his grip on what's actually going on is not quite up to snuff."

"Don't be rude..." I smiled as I recalled how his son had really looked at me as if I was a character straight out of a Disney movie.

"No but seriously Rosie, there will not be any confusion if he sees me kiss you or holding your hand or anything like that."

"But his mom...-"

"I never did those things with her." He admitted. "The only time we kissed or had sex was early on into our relationship, than after Sammy came we only kissed during sex and the only time we had sex was as celebrations for anniversaries."

"Didn't you have urges?" I asked knowing he'd tell me the truth.

He nodded, "Absolutely, but I didn't want to just have random sex with no emotion behind it...if that was the case i'd just sleep with my mate...and I mean don't get me wrong Natalie and I could go through with it as I'm sure you and Peter could also...She was beautiful and all, but I needed more."

I nodded and he continued.

"Well okay then...again yes there were urges to get off so to speak, but I'd rather get better acquainted with my hand than have emotionless sex with my mate, and I'd rather have emotionless sex with my mate before I ever thought about cheating on her...so there you have it."