Volume 4 Chapter 1 Part 1: The Oddity Of The Mechanical Marvel

"What is happening right now?" Aito asks in absolute confusion as he stares at what he fought to the death just 5 days ago.

"Nya, Aito! That's the girl that destroyed the dungeon and beat us into a pulp!" Chinatsu says as she backs away and hisses.

"I can see that..." Aito thinks in his head.

"I have been traveling very far to get to this destination, may I enter, Master?" MAKINA asks bluntly.

"Master? I'm her master? What is going on right now? I don't want to be her master." Aito thinks in his head as he questions the situation at hand.

"Of course you can come in! Hiroki, where're your manners?" Kounna says as she gestures MAKINA in.

Aito then grabs Kounna on the head and squeezes really tightly.

"Ow, ow, Hiroki! What are you doing?! Don't you know that you shouldn't be doing this to a girl!" Kounna complains as her head is being crushed in Aito's grasp.

"I'll do this to anyone that deserves it, regardless of gender. Now tell me, why are you letting something that could've potentially killed me inside my dungeon?" Hiroki says, tightening his grip while showing a scary face.

"Ow, ow! I just have a good feeling about her, y'know? And my instinct is never wrong! P-please let go of me..." Kounna whines as she is about to burst into tears.

"A feeling? I should trust you because of something in your gut? How do we know that she won't just turn evil and execute all of us? I should trust that she's good because of your gut?" He says as he puts his full power into his hand.

"Eeeyah!! Please, please! I'm the goddess of luck y'know? Y-you can trust me! You shouldn't be doing this to a goddess!" The 'goddess' says as she begins to cry.

The two then continue to bicker over the details. Aito's grasp tightening after every complaint the little goddess made.

"Uh, guys?"

"Why should I even listen to you? You've caused nothing but trouble ever since you've got here." Aito says to Kounna.

"Th-that's not true! I've made you my Chosen haven't I?! You should be grateful that I chose you!"

"Guys..."

"Now that you mention it, you did that against my will, didn't you?" Aito says as he shows a menacing smile.

"B-but, I had to find one and you just seemed like a perfect-."

"Hey! Can nyow listen!" Chinatsu screams at them to get their attention.

"...What is it, Chinatsu?" Aito says as he finally looks at Chinatsu.

"She's gone." Chinatsu says as she points at the entrance.

"What do you mean she's go-." Aito says as he looks towards the entrance and is shocked by the fact that no one's there.

He then finally lets go of Kounna resulting in a slight migraine for her as she falls down. He then picks up his remaining sword which is close to breaking like the other sword before it, thanks to the battle 5 days ago.

"Chinatsu, come with me! We've got to find her!" He says as he rushes out the dungeon.

"R-right!" She says as she follows his footsteps.

.....

"So, they're just going to leave me here?" The little goddess says as she holds her head in pain on the dungeon floor.

And as soon as Aito and Chinatsu were out of sight. Two figures emerge from the forest.

"I believe the coast is clear." One of the figures said as they both stare at the dungeon.