Volume 2 Chapter 1: Making Weapons For The Weaponless Duo

(Original drawing, expect more of them in the future

(Original drawing, expect more of them in the future.)

Scepter of Airi

Enchantments
- Increases all magic spells' power by 10%
- Increases mana restoration speed by 15%

————

"Wait Hiroki-san, you want to make us a weapon?!" The princess says to me in a shaky voice.

"You don't have to go such lengths for us." Mizuha says to me out of concern.

"It's fine, really. I won't be around all the time so you guys must have something to protect yourselves with." I say while heading to the forge.

I can most probably make something basic so they can at least defend themselves from danger. I bet I'm a little rusty.

"Aito-san, where're you going?" Nozomi asked.

"Hmm? To the forge. I'm going to make these girls a weapon."

"Well, can I come?"

"Are you just trying to get out of work?"

".....What, no..."

What's with that long and awkward pause?

"Stay here and keep cleaning."
"Aww but-"
"You. Will. Stay. Here. You got that?"
".... Hrm, fine."

What a bother. Leaving her behind, I took the girls to the forge so I could make them their equipment.

"Looking at your stats Nakano, you look like someone who would be a brilliant mage." I say to the princess.

"Wait, how do you know that? Aren't our statuses a secret to one another?" She questions me.

"Oh, I have this unique skill called [Skill Read]." I explain.

"Hmm, I believe I've heard of that skill before. It lets you see the stats of other people, right?"
Mizuha says.

"Well yeah, basically."

I mean the name says it all. It's pretty self explanatory. Now, where is the forger mold? It must be here somewhere. Ah, got it.

"So, do you want a wand or a staff or what?"
I question.

"I-I don't know... you choose, Hiroki-san."

"Oh really? Are you sure?"

"I'm not really good with these kinds of things."