Volume 3 Epilouge: The End Of A New Beginning

A few days after the battle...

Aito and the others were cleaning up the dungeon, once again. But this time with extended help. The king's entourage, who arrived a day after the battle ended offered to clean up with them, the king obviously payed for all the damage caused. It was the least he could do after all. For the man who saved his daughter, no price was too much for him.

"We've done this way too many times." Nozomi grunts, her face full of bandages.

"Oh shut it, we're almost done anyway." Aito says, not only his face was full of bandages but his body too.

"What did happen to Kounna-san, Aito?" Mizuha asks.

"Umm..."

That was a difficult question to answer for Aito. After the battle ended, Kounna just... disappeared. They looked all over but couldn't find her. Aito then figured out that she must've already gone back to heaven. She already found her Chosen, and it was him.

"She must've not wanted to trouble us anymore for living here. So, she left." He said to the others.

"Oh, I see. I'm going to miss her." Nakano says with a bitter smile.

"I... at least wanted to say goodbye to her." Chinatsu says with the same tone as Nakano.

"Well, it was her time to go but, I'm going to miss her too." He says with sincerity.

"We all will, and we'll miss you too, Aito-san." Mizuha says to Aito.

Obviously, Nakano and Mizuha couldn't stay any longer in the dungeon. Now, that Kai's gone, they're going back to the castle. When the king's entourage, they immediately apprehended Kai and the mercenaries. However, there was no sign of the helmet man anywhere. Who was he? That is a mystery for another time.

"Oh, I'm going to throw these out." Aito says as he exits the dungeon to throw away the trash bag. He then sees...

"Hey, Ack... we're going to miss you.."
He says with a solemn face, to the recently made grave

Sadly, Ack's life was taken that day. The wound inflicted on him was fatal and he was beyond saving. Aito and the others made a small grave to honour the tiny dungeon keeper. A man then approaches Aito.

"A friend?"

"Yeah... wait, you are..?" He says as he turns around to see the man behind him.

It was the king.

"Your Majesty?! I'm sorry for-."

"There's nothing to apologise for. If anything, I should be apologising for all the trouble I've caused you." The old man says with a smile.

"No, it was no trouble. Just... a little more than I expected."

A short while after, one of the king's retainers came to them with some news.

"Your Majesty, the dungeon has been completely cleaned up. The princess' items have also been accounted for departure."

"Thank you." The king says as the retainer returns to the dungeon.

The king then looks to Aito and walks with Aito back towards the dungeon.

"So, this is it?" The king says to Aito.

"Yeah, I guess so." He says, with his face down.

"I was hoping that our meeting would be more fateful than this. But not everything goes the way you wish, huh?"

"Well, I'm pretty sure Nakano and Mizuha are eager to go home."

"You think so? Well I think otherwise."