Volume 4 Prologue: A New Day

Today is an off day for Aito, no adventurers to raid the dungeon, no enemies about to kill him, all he wanted was to sit back, relax and watch his favourite anime on his big and new television, it was supposed to be a nice and peaceful afternoon...

"Hiroki! I want to watch the TV! It gets so boring in the Overworld." A tiny goddess says as she is about to snatch the TV remote from him.

"No, Kounna-chan, it's nyow my turn to watch TV!" Chinatsu says as she also struggles for the remote control.

Or so Aito thought.

"...Can you girls just leave me in peace!!"

Then, there was a loud knock on the dungeon's door...

"Who could that be?"

————

A familiar car is being driven in high speeds by a very familiar man. The man then calls someone using the car's phone function.

"Hey, boss." The man says as he places his damaged helmet on the seat next to him.

"So, how did it go?" The 'Boss' tells him.

"Very not good. That dungeon keeper is way stronger than we thought." He says as his body aches from the pain.

"I know. I saw using MAKINA's eye cam footage. It was certainly a spectacle to behold. Too bad the footage was cut off when it was getting good."

"Not only him, but his team were also strong. If it wasn't for my body armour, that arrow would've went straight through me." He says as he feels the pain in his chest.

"That dungeon keeper really is something. I'd love to meet him face to face." The boss exclaimed in a spirited tone.

"Are you sure about that? He defeated MAKINA, the undefeated machine, y'know?" He says, to question his bosses actions.

"...I'm glad you're safe, Eiji. Come back soon, we have much to discuss." The boss says as he hangs up the call.

On the other side of the call...

The boss leans back on his chair, his eyes glimmering with hope, thinking of that special dungeon keeper.

"Are you sure, that he's the one? He might've just gotten lucky." The woman standing by his side, says to him in a skeptical tone.

"No person can just get lucky at defeating a Level 100 android that I created, my dear sweet assistant. That aura that he produced, there's no doubt about it, he's, one of the Chosen. I can't believe I've finally found one." The man says as he shows a huge grin.

He then gets up from his chair, full of enthusiasm.

"I want you and your squad to go and invite him over for dinner. I want to know more about him and maybe, he'll tell me to how to unlock the power of the gods."

"Of course sir. Anything that you desire." The woman says as she bows in acceptance.

"Oh, and speaking of that. How is our guest doing?" He questions in curiosity.

"Same as always. She still refuses to speak and comply." The woman responds.

"Well, she'll give in eventually. There will be a time when she cannot take being held in that dark and filthy place. I'm a patient man and I will achieve the results that I want. It's only a matter of time now..."

Down in the depths, a dark dungeon imprisons a woman with no hope of freedom. She awaits for the day that she will be saved from her captivity.

"P-please, help me..."

————

As Aito opens the doors of the dungeon, he is shocked and appalled by the figure on the other side of the door.

"What, how?" Aito says in confusion as he sees who's standing in front of his doorstep.

Not only him, but even Chinatsu and Kounna were surprised by the person standing in front outside the doors.

"Why are you..." Aito says before the person or, machine spoke up before he could finish.

"...I am designated as android model 13-1-11-9-NA. But you may call me MAKINA. I am here to serve you for your every needs, Master."

"Eh?"

It seems that Aito's peaceful days will never happen...