Maddie was hot on my heels as I stomped down the hallway. She grabbed my hand and pulled me back into her arms. I let her hug me and cried into her shoulder. I couldn't hold in the sobs anymore, they came out in unbearably heavy waves. I could feel my body convulsing as my knees began to give way. Maddie helped me sit down on a bench nearby. She rubbed my back soothingly as I continued to cry into her shoulder.

"It's going to be okay Alex, that little prick doesn't know what he's talking about," she all but growled.

"I-is that w-what everyone t-thinks?" I choked out between sobs.

"No," she said reassuringly, "everyone knows the truth. That jerk just wants to feel superior to everyone else. Well, he picked the wrong girl to mess with."

I managed a broken chuckle as I wiped my eyes in my sleeve. I let out a long shaky breath, attempting to steady myself. I assured Maddie I would be okay and told her to go on ahead. She was reluctant at first, but caved. I needed a few minutes alone before getting up.

Once my breathing was under control, I stood up to go to my car. I turned to grab my bag only to find it wasn't there. I groaned, I must have left it in Mr. Gardner's class.

I trudged my way back towards Mr. Gardner's classroom. Dreading having to face him after what just happened. Maybe he was gone to the staff room and I wouldn't have to see him. I had a feeling my luck wasn't going to pan out though.

I reached his classroom and was about to go inside when I heard him talking. The door was open a small crack, enough to see inside. He was on his cellphone, his hand ran nervously though his hair.

"How much longer do you expect me to keep this up?" He said angrily.

He continued pacing back and forth infront of his desk. I stayed outside, trying to keep myself hidden. Who was he talking to?

"She's not stupid!" He snapped.

There was silence for a second, he was standing still looking out the window. His head tipped back as he sighed, clearly aggravated.

"Why can't you just get your shit together?" He snarled, "I'm tired of always bailing you out!"

I couldn't listen to this anymore, I stepped back from view and knocked gently on the door. The room instantly went quiet.

"I'll call you back, there's someone at my door," he huffed, shoving the phone in his pocket.

"Come in!" He called cheerfully.

I pushed the door open and stepped cautiously inside.

"I forgot my bag," I spoke softly, my voice barely above a whisper.

"Are you okay?" Real concern laced his voice. "Don't tell me you're fine, I heard what that little shit said to you."

I sighed, " It's not a big deal. I handled it, probably not well but what's done is done."

I grabbed my backpack and threw it over my shoulder. I stopped abruptly when I turned and instantly collided into Mr. Gardner's chest.

"Alex you don't have to act tough around me. I know you've been through alot lately," he said taking one of my hands into his, "you can talk to me."

I pulled my hands back, stuffing them into my pockets. I shook my head and stepped around him.

"What did he do to you Alexandra?" He asked, stopping me in my tracks.

I thought long and hard before responding, I knew who he was talking about. He wanted to know what Derek had done, and I wasn't about to talk about it.