Chapter 35

My foot tapped nervously against the floor. We hadn't gone back to my apartment as I had hoped. We were in some run-down hotel on the edge of town. Andrew sat staring at me from across the table. His face was stoic, which made me even more nervous.

"So, what happened?" He asked abruptly.

"After Maddie died, he disappeared. Left a note saying he couldn't be around me anymore." I lied.

Andrew scrunched up his nose in disgust. "You can understand why I'm finding this hard to believe Alex. The dude was obsessed with you!"

He slammed his fist on the table, causing me to flinch. He sighed, mumbling an apology under his breath. This is not the Andrew I grew up with, at least not the one I remember. I remember him being sweet and caring toward me. Sure, he was a player. But he always treated me well. That side of him was gone now. Replaced with this heartless psychopath.

He stood up, rounding the table to stand in front of me.

"Give me your phone." He said, extending his hand out to me. "Don't argue with me, hand it over."

I crossed my arms, leaning back on the chair. I wasn't about to give him what he wanted. Not without a fight anyway.

Andrew lunged forward, tipping my chair backward. I refused to grab hold of him for support. I kept my arms crossed over my chest and glared at him. A snarl grew across his face as he moved closer to me.

"Listen, Alex. The rebellious attitude you've developed is getting old. Now you can either do as you're told, or I'll break every finger on both your hands. Do not test me!" He yelled.

He tipped my chair back up, letting it slam roughly on the floor. He extended his hand out to me again. I sighed in defeat, pulling my phone from my pocket and slapping it into his hand. He smiled sarcastically then proceeded to smash my phone into the table until it broke in half.

"What the fuck Andrew!" I yelled, standing up quickly to face him.

He pushed me back down into my chair. I felt the tip of a knife push into my neck. I froze, I hadn't noticed he even had a weapon on him. Not that it surprised me.

"You think I don't know the cops can track that?" He smiled menacingly.

Tears pricked the corner of my eyes. It was blatantly clear I was just the object of his obsession. He didn't care about me; he just didn't want anyone else to have me. I had to tread carefully if I was going to make it out of this alive.

"I-I'm sorry." I choked out, not meaning it. But I knew that's what he wanted to hear.

He smiled, planting a rough kiss against my lips. "Good girl."

I wiped my mouth on my sleeve when he turned away.

"I've got a few things to attend to. I'll be back tonight to get you so we can leave. Don't go anywhere." He said, locking the door behind him.

I peeked out between the curtains and watched him disappear behind the building. I pulled up my sleeve and tapped on the screen of my smartwatch. I stopped the recording and quickly sent it to Derek.

I sent a text letting him know Andrew had left to attend to something. Whatever the hell that meant. Derek's reply was almost instant.

"Did he break your phone?"

"Yep. Just as expected."

"On to phase two. Talk soon peaches, xx."

I made sure the volume on my watch was set to silent before pulling my sleeve back down.