chapter twenty three

alyssa's pov

finn: what's up?
alyssa: youre being distant.
finn: you wanted space.
alyssa: i know.
finn: so what's the problem?
alyssa: i dont know.
finn: seriously? you brought me up here just to mess with my head?
alyssa: is that really how you feel?
finn: a little.
alyssa: it wasnt my intention. i'm sorry.
finn: its fine. can you just not do that anymore?
alyssa: i'll try. i dont mean to.
finn: well you do.
alyssa: i'm sorry.
finn: are we done here?
alyssa: i guess so.
finn: okay. i'll see you - whenever youre ready
alyssa: okay.

immediately after he left the room she started to break down. it wouldnt stop and she didnt know what to do. she fell to the floor and just layed there. and then she sniffled and her room was close to the stairs.

sam: asshat what did you say to her?
finn: what?
sydney: jasmine i think you should go. its about to get very ugly.
jasmine: okay. well thank you for the advice.
sam: she's crying dipshit.  LYSS? WHAT HAPPENED?

squeezing her eyes shut, she pulled herself together enough to holler back.

alyssa: NOTHING, JUST A NOSE ITCH.
sydney: what the hell did you say to her finn?
finn: why are you assuming it was my fault?
sam: because youre the only one who can make her cry right now.
sydney: i'm gonna check on her.
finn: no. let me.
sydney: finn-
sam: let him go. they need to work this out.

sydney nodded and backed down. finn ascended up the stairs and almost immediately her crying was intensified.

alyssa: im sorry.
finn: its alright, love. just breathe, okay?

he then tried to wrap her up but she resisted. she didnt want to bother him.

finn: what the hell dude? do you want me to comfort you or not?

alyssa scoffed and wiped her tears.

alyssa: i dont need you to comfort me. you just told me to not bother messing with your head and i'm pretty sure this contradicts that. you should go back to your friends.
finn: i'm not leaving.
alyssa: why not, finn? we both know how this'll end. youre gonna hate me eventually. or at least resent me for being like this. i'm all sorts of messed up in the head and i cant control it. its killing me to be like this in front of  you. you think i wanna feel this broken? you think i dont want you to comfort me? that's all i've wanted since my parents' accident! but i cant! because that constitutes getting close to you and falling for you harder than i already have and i cant do that because everyone always ends up leaving and i cant go through that with you! not with you. so i'm sorry i messed with your head. and i'm sorry i'm being such an ass. and i'm sorry that i let sydney take it that far. and i'm sorry but i just cannot do this right now.

alyssa walked out of her room leaving finn speechless with tears on his cheeks. he then heard the front door shut and couldn't process anything. he couldnt even move. did she just unofficially break up they unofficial relationship? again?

finn walked out of the house and walked home. finding the everyone who cane on this trip at his house. except sadie.

millie: are you okay?

finn didnt say anything. just kept walking towards his room. he layed down. and he didnt move for four hours.

all while alyssa was sitting at a frozen yogurt shop when sadie walked in.

sadie: hey.
alyssa: so you heard?
sadie: i heard. thought maybe you could use a friend too.
alyssa: i shouldnt have yelled at him like that. i have to-
sadie: that probably isnt the best idea.
alyssa: youre right. it was just a lot.so much happened and then he said that and then i broke down which led to an outburst and now i'm hurting.
sadie: details honey.
alyssa: my parents got in a crash and i'm taking care if everyone. i dont have time to be comforted by finn like that right now. i asked him for space and then everyone forced me to talk to him and he told me to stop messing with his head and i didnt know how because i didnt know i was doing that and so i broke down and then he tried to cmfort me but then i think i unofficially broke up out unofficial relationship.
sadie: oh baby, its okay.

alyssa started crying into her fro-yo and sadie ended up taking her home.