"Okay baby, how was work today?" She asked.

"Stressful. I'm actually glad I'm going out tonight." The light turned green and I speed off quickly, turning on my right signal and merging into the right lane.

"That's good baby. You need a break and to get out and have fun. Try to find a man tonight Bey."

I chuckled. "Is that your way of saying you're ready for some grandbabies or something?" Cruising to the oncoming ramp to get onto the highway, I propped my left arm up against my window, as I came to a stop, sitting in the stop and go traffic.

"Maybe, but you need to get back into the dating scene. I haven't seen you with anyone since Daren." She reminded me.

I rolled my eyes at the mention of his name. "I know ma, I'm working on myself and learning how to trust again." I spoke, finally being able to merge onto the highway.

"I know baby, no rush, but I want to see you happy."

"I know." I smiled. "I'll see you tomorrow."

"Alright baby, have fun tonight, bye."

"Thanks mama, bye."

The call ended and I switched from Bluetooth to my radio. I sped home, wanting to take a quick nap before going out tonight. When I pulled up outside of my house, my phone started ringing and I grabbed it, seeing it was Nicki. I slid answer and put the call on speaker as I grabbed my bags and got out the car.

"Hello darlinggg!" Nicki greeted me.

"Hey Nic, what's up?" I asked, closing my car door and hitting the car alarm.

"I wanted to make sure you were gonna come out tonight. I didn't want you blowing me off, again." She said as I walked to the front door of my house.

I sucked my teeth and busted out laughing. "That was one time Nicki."

"Doesn't matter, you still blew off your best friend. Anywaysss, I'll send you the address of the club in a little bit, we're gonna be there at ten. Don't be late."

"I won'ttttt." I whined, struggling to get my key in the door.

"Mhm, I have someone new who will be coming out with us." She said as I managed to get the key in the lock. Twisting it, I opened my door by pushing against it.

"Oh okay, that's fine."

"Good, I didn't want any awkward energy. Anyway, what's been going on with you?" She asked as I stepped into my house and closing the door behind me.

"Gurl. A lottttt." I locked the door and made my way to the living room.

"Oooo, spill Bey."

I laughed and put my bags down in the living room then made my way upstairs to my room.

"So, after I get my hair done yesterday, which was done by another stylist, since Keyshia didn't show up-"

"Uh uhhh, she is so unprofessional Bey. I been told you to stop giving her your money. Ghetto hairstylists don't mean better or cheaper baby."

"I know, but the girl who did my hair, laid it. You'll see. She did a better job than Keyshia, but anyway, after that I went home and Jay's ass popped up on me." I said, plopping onto my bed and stretching out on my back.

"Ooooo! Your future baby daddy!?" She said excitedly.

I rolled my eyes. "He is not! He's just a really good friend Nic."

"Girl, that man wants you."

"And I don't want him, oh my god, he thought he was slick tryna lowkey come onto me and sleep in my bed. The only reason why I didn't go off and turn him away from my house is because he had my god baby." I said, now rolling onto my stomach.

"Awwww, how is she?"

"Good, I'm watching her for the weekend, but tonight my mama is keeping her." I stared at my window, thinking about what Nicki said about Jay.

"That's good. But if you give her daddy a chance, you could be her mama."

"Uh un Nicki. Jay is a player. I don't see him in that way." I bit my lip, trying to push the idea of Jay and I being together out of my head. It would never work between us.

"Well girl, that's why you need to come out tonight and find a man. You shouldn't be single Bey."

I sighed. "I know. But I'm still fucked up from you know who."

"Ooo girl. I still hate that nigga." She gritted.

"Me too." I agreed.

"Well, hopefully you'll meet someone tonight. I'll text you in a little bit."

"Okay Nicki, I'll see you later babe, I'm about to take a nap."

"Alright Bey, sleep well gorgeous, bye."

"Bye."

I hung up the phone and threw it onto my pillows, flipping back over onto my back. I stared up at the ceiling, thinking about my life. I'm not trying to find someone tonight, but if I do, I won't be complaining. If anything, I just need someone to put it down on me. It's been too long.

                £~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~£
Hey🌚😭 how did y'all feel about this chapter? Next chapter so shit is going down😭

Do you agree with how Bey handled Jay?

What do you think will happen next chapter?

Note: if you have any suggestions or want to see specific things, you can comment or message me and I'll try to make it happen🤗