John Lennon - Kidd and the Nevers

Start from the beginning

"Come on, stop flirting." (Y/N) urged as she learn into the microphone.

"Heads up, (Y/N) wrote this one and it's awful." Dale called putting from behind his drum kit, wearing a smirk.

"If you don't want to play it, Dale, fuck off and I'll do it myself," She reprimanded, eyes still on the guitar. Dale rolls his eyes and mocks her along with Billy. "Keep it up, the pair of you. I can and will play all your bloody parts myself."

"All we're staying is maybe leaving the writing up to Fox, he's got a knack for words. You don't. You're good at other things, but not that." Billy replied in his thick Yorkshire accent.

"Play your bit and then we'll leave it there, i'm really not in the mood to fight you on every decision." She obviously wasn't happy. John wondered what the girl looked like when she smiled, as he hadn't seen her do so yet.

The song wasn't bad. The lyrics were sad and pretty. The chords weren't hard but it showed them off as musicians just enough. It would fit nicely on an album.

"It can go on a B-side, we'll talk about it another day." She pulled the guitar from around her neck and propped it against a chair before wandering out of the booth. The boys just mumbled.

John pressed the speaker button and talked into the microphone.

"Word of advise, lads; don't piss her off. She's gonna make you all famous." He released the button and stood up.

It was the first time any of them had heard his voice in person. And it sure as God would not be the last. He could do something with the girl, she had the right thing about her. The band could be dragged along, he supposed. The name suddenly made sense. Kidd and The Nevers. It was her band and people would come to see her. She was their ticket to something bigger.

The producer spluttered a little before speaking.

"They're only petty arguments, nothing to worry about."

"They shouldn't be arguing about this stuff so early on. If they can't get along now then they never will. Y'know, once they've made it, it's all downhill from there." John spoke as if it were the most casual fact in the world and left the room, pulling his jacket on.

John spent more more time in the studio as he wanted to get out of the house and think less about all the legal papers that he had to sign concerning the divorce. Every week there was a new issue, a legal battle or a mediation. He couldn't focus on any one thing. It was tiring and it was making him a bitter man. So maybe that's why the universe sent him Isla Kidd.

He opened the door to the common area where he found her, storming around holding; a set of drumsticks, sunglasses, a leather jacket, a wallet and a single shoe.

"Hello...uhh..what are you doing?"

(Y/N) stopped and looked at who had entered the room. Half relieved it wasn't any of the boys, half mortified it was John Lennon. She sighed and then shrugged. He probably already assumed she was mental, so in for a penny.

"Hiding my band mate's belongings."

"Why?"

"Because they make me feel stupid. And I don't like the way they've been speaking to me lately. They also went out last night and didn't invite me. So, to answer your question; I'm being a justified nuisance."

She carried on in her endeavour, putting the shoe atop a vending machine as she did so.

The first thing he probably realised about meeting (Y/N) in person was that he really liked her voice. Not specifically her singing voice, just her voice. She had some kind of rhythm laced in with a sarcasm when she spoke. And it made everything that she said just a little bit more interesting.