Brian May - Reschedule

you can request if you want,
no guarantee I'll take it though, im just bad at telling y'all when requests are open lol

-

themes of ptsd, read with caution
a little bit rough + angsty
if you need to skip this one i totally get it, take care of yourself x

-

You were proud that you'd become who you were, it had taken a while. But you were here. You'd done it.

Known to be brilliantly ruthless in the journalistic field, you asked questions that often pried and pushed in the most non-confrontational way, that it seemed almost innocent. It was like you had an inside joke with the reader, as you managed to get under the skin of the modern celebrity. The main job you did was interviews. Politicians and public figures. Actors and filmmakers. Bands and singers. Many of them were arseholes and you loved to watch them really think and crumble as you did what you did best. It was a rather fulfilling, well paid job. You were a professional in a tough field with a million dollar smile, that of course often worked in your favour.

"Queen? Are they the one with the lead singer in the sparkly catsuits?" You grinned.

"Yeah that's them. Can you handle it?" Your editor had told you, handing over two sheets of paper and a magazine.

"We shall see." You raised an eyebrow and shrugged. Of course you could. From what you knew about Queen they were four well educated men who seemed superbly talented in their craft. You'd heard that among them was; an engineer, a designer, a dentist and a doctor. And they were also rockstars who fell out with each other like cats and dogs.

You'd done all the research you could, learning their names and faces. Who played what and who wrote what. All of the things you ought to know going into a conversation with them.

It was time to meet the band.

"Alright then, first I would like to ask; how was your most recent tour?" You grinned at the four very different characters in front of you.

"Oh, just incredible." The lead singer was a lot tamer than you'd expected.

Freddie Mercury alone was a sight to behold. He wore a red, tight fitting t-shirt and white skinny jeans. Though his outfit now was slightly casual for time, a brown fur coat and sunglasses completing a modest rockstar image. You had seen many colourful numbers in photographs of live Queen shows. The way he spoke too, was fascinating. Like there was an inside joke to everything, that only he knew.

"The audiences were fantastic-" One of them started but you didn't have time to process which one before the drummer started speaking.

"Japan is a very beautiful country, you'd like it. I can tell."

Whilst the blonde one tried to flirt every now and then the others kept their answers professional. Your questions got more and more prying, however. And they answered most of them easily and in good humour, with the exception of a glance from the guitarist every now and again. The man stayed quiet.

"Let me just ask though, on stage; do you ever feel like the three of you are overshadowed by Freddie?" You wanted some kind of reaction. Surprisingly enough, Freddie himself laughed and turned to the others, waiting for their answers.

They blinked and took it in turns to stumble. Well, all except the drummer who just answered the question with ease.

"W-wh- No. No of cour-"

"I mean, now and then-"

"Yeah."

They all spoke at once but turned to scowl at eachother as they heard the answers they were all giving. It was Roger's easy agreement with the statement that seemed to earn the most glares.