Brian May - Fight

You and Brian weren't a couple. Just two very close friends that lived together, laughed together and sometimes pissed eachother off.

"You in?"

You were. You were standing in the kitchen, cooking your dinner when you heard Brian come in through the front door of your comfortable little house. The two of you had moved in during your time at university. The house was technically Brian's but he'd never lived here without you. You both just stayed after uni ended. Brian spent years borrowing your car, in the early days of the band, so he would usually offer to fully cover the monthly rent with the money he'd made on 'A Night At The Opera'. And did so easily.

You knew the day would come that Brian would want to buy himself a bigger home, but you didn't want to think about that.

"Kitchen." You called back.

"Making dinner, are you?" He appeared in the kitchen, his voice now much clearer. You hadn't turned around to looked at him but knew he'd walked into the room.

"For me, yes." Brian had a habit of giving you the eyes, until you let him have some of your dinner.

"Not me?"

You turned around to look at him, as he leant against the doorframe with his arms folded. He grinned when you made eye contact and it made you smile back automatically.

"I'm convinced you don't know how to make your own bloody meals."

He pouted dramatically.

"But I don't want to make my own, I just want to come home and sit down to a lovely meal made by the loveliest person I know." His flattery was poor work this time.

"Then get yourself a lovely chef?" You laugh, turning off the oven.

"You're very sarcastic tonight."

"You're very annoying tonight," You copy his accent, which is slightly more southern than your own. Brian laughed and grabbed a plate from the high shelf, handing it to you. He knew you've have to attempt to reach the shelf eventually and it was much easier for him. "Thank you."

"You're most welcome. I'm gonna go take a shower. Enjoy that, it looks amazing." He watches you plate up your meal and wanders out of the kitchen.

At this point, you would've plated him some up too but you'd only made enough for yourself, as he usually wasn't home until gone 11 o'clock. Despite being just friends with Brian, it was all very domestic. You hear him leave the kitchen as you plate up your dinner.

Later on whilst eating and watching the TV you could hear Brian clattering about very loudly in the kitchen, probably making his own dinner. Alright, so he was trying to be clever and get your attention. He emerged later with toast.

"All that for toast?" You watch him carry the plate with one hand and a cup of tea with the other.

"Oh I was just trying to make a point."

"By throwing pots and pans around your own kitchen? You really showed me, didn't you?"

"Yes." You shook your head and went back to watching the TV. He settled down in his chair and silently ate his toast.

Time went by and eventually you noticed Brian looking at you.

"What? What's up?" You knew he was dying to chat. You had at least one conversation about your day, usually a little later than this. Brian would come to your bedroom, where you'd probably be painting, and talk about his day. You'd both rant and share until it was the early hours of the next day, and you got what little sleep you needed.