Chapter Four - New Challenges

After meeting with the Akatsuki, Itachi and Kisame along with Deidara and Sasori trained for the upcoming Provisional License Exams. After days of intensive training, the Provisional License Exams was finally upon the students of UA. As Aizawa led the class to the Takoba National Stadium, Aizawa ran into an old flame. 

???: Eraser?! I know that scowl anywhere! I saw you on TV at the Sports Festival, but it's been awhile since we were this close in person! 

Itachi and the rest of Class 1-A saw Aizawa being approached by what appeared to be a female Pro Hero wearing a brightly colored outfit. Midoriya immediately recognized her. 

Midoriya: That's Ms Joke: the Smile Hero! Her Quirk is Outburst! She forces people around her to laugh, which affects their thinking and keeps them from being able to move! Her fights against Villains are always full of insanity!

While Ms Joke was impressed with Midoriya's textbook definition on her Quirk, her focus remained on the disgruntled Aizawa.

???: Let's get married!

Aizawa: No.

As the female Pro Hero said that, everyone was taken aback by this. Even Itachi and Kisame were caught off guard by his.

Kisame: What did I just witness?

Itachi: Your guess is as good as mine. 

???: Ha! Good one Eraser!

Aizawa: You're impossible, Joke.

Ms Joke: Come on future husband! Imagine it! If I was your wife, you'd have a future of constant laughter!

Aizawa: That sounds like an actual nightmare.

Tsuyu: It seems you two are close. 

Kisame: I was just about to ask that.

Ms Joke: Our agencies were near each other! As young Heroes striving to make a difference, a mutual love bloomed!

Aizawa: No it didn't!

Ms Joke simply laughed. As Itachi was trying to process what he just saw, Ms Joke spotted Itachi and a wide smile grew on her face. 

Ms Joke: And this must be your son, Itachi! I've been wanting to meet you since the Sports Festival! You even have your father's eyes!

Itachi: It's more of my...mother's eyes. 

As far as Ms Joke was concerned, Itachi was her future son as Aizawa was her future husband. 

Ms Joke: Now come on and give your future mother a great big hug!

Before Itachi could react, Ms Joke engulfed him in a tight hug. As this was occurring, the other classes from the other schools began appearing. Ms Joke then released Itachi from the hug. 

Itachi: What....just happened?

Kisame: Your guess is as good as mine. 

Itachi and Kisame were then approached by fellow Akatsuki members Deidara and Sasori. Upon seeing Itachi, Deidara quickly noticed that he was out of breath. 

Deidara: What the hell happened to you?

Itachi: I don't quite know myself. 

As Itachi said this, he and the other Akatsuki members looked around and saw the other classes making their way to the stadium. 

Kisame: Look at all those little fish! They're about to quickly realize that this is a lake, not a pond. 

Deidara: Either way, these guys will soon learn the awesome power of my art. Hhm.

Sasori: I'm actually quite excited for what's to come. I've taken the liberty of not only making some adjustments to my Third Kazekage puppet, but I have also taken the liberty of testing out my new puppets: Karasu and Kuroari. 

Itachi: I imagine that they'll be quite the formidable puppets. 

Sasori: I would hope so. I put a lot of time and effort onto these puppets. I have rather high expectations for them. 

Soon, all the classes were led into the stadium. As they were making their way to the arena, Itachi began talking to Yaoyorozu. 

Itachi: This is already off to an....interesting start. 

Yaoyorozu: You could say that again. Todoroki had a strange encounter with one of the students from Shiketsu High.

Itachi: It seems this whole day has been one strange encounter after another. 

Yaoyorozu chuckled at Itachi's comments. It was rare for him to be cracking jokes, even if it wasn't intended as a joke. 

Kisame: I imagine this who exam is going to be rather interesting. I imagine this is going to more intense than the Sports Festival. 

Yaoyorozu: The Sports Festival was limited to students in UA. The Provisional License Exams is open to most if not all the Hero academies in Japan. 

Itachi: That's a fair assessment. 

As the students were preparing for the Provisional License Exams, Nagato and Konan were looking into the disappearance of Shisui Uchiha. 

Nagato: Have Kakuzu and Hidan found anything regarding Shisui Uchiha?

Konan: Not yet. They're investigating Danzo's hideout. With luck, they might find something that will uncover Shisui's disappearance as well as his connection to Danzo and Wrath. 

As Nagato and Konan continued to dig up leads on Shisui, Kakuzu and Hidan arrived at the now abandoned hideout of Danzo. Hidan quickly saw the bloodstains on the floor. 

Hidan: Looks like someone did a real number on this place! Why are we even here in this fucking dump?! It's clearly fucking picked clean!

Kakuzu: If what I heard about Danzo is true, then he has more than his share of secrets here. Besides, Nagato wants any kind of lead on Shisui Uchiha.

Hidan: Whatever! I doubt we'll find anything worth grabbing! If there was, don't you think Wrath would've taken it! 

Kakuzu: Shut up Hidan. I'm not going to sit through your yapping. You can either stay and help, or shut up and stay out of the way!

Hidan: Whatever you say, you greedy bastard! Lord Jashin will get his sacrifices one way or another!

As Kakuzu and Hidan began searching the hideout, all members of the Akatsuki faced new challenges from different angles.