Chapter Twenty Six - The Hero Named Kisame

Kisame was alone. He was cornered by Kimimaro along with Tayuya and Sakon. Despite being surrounded, Kisame showed no concern as he gripped Sharkskin and points it at the three Disciples of Wrath. 

Kisame: All right. Who's first?

Tayuya: What's the matter, Shark Boy? Are you really in a rush to die?

Kisame: Not really. I'm just worried about getting bored. I hope you three can put up a good fight. 

As Kisame said that, the three Disciples of Wrath began to crowd around Kisame. Kisame simply smirked as he took a sip of water from his gourd. Kimimaro activates his Dead Bone Pulse to form a bone blade as sharp bones begin sprouting from his body. Tayuya pulls out her flute and begins playing an ominous tune. Sakon cracked his knuckles with a sinister smile on his face. As the sound of Tayuya's flute filled the air, Kisame unwrapped parts of Sharksin. 

Kisame: Shall we get started? 

As Kisame said that, he was attacked by an unknown assailant. Kisame was able to block the attacks. Kisame saw that the attackers were three eerie looking creatures. As Kisame blocked their attacks, Kimimaro and Sakon moved to attack. Kisame was able to use his Water Style Quirk to push them away using a Water Dragon. Kisame then managed to strike the three creatures with Sharkskin, pushing them away. 

Kimimaro: It seems we have underestimated you, Kisame Hoshigaki. 

Sakon: I'd chalk it up to mere luck. And luck runs out. 

Tayuya continues to play her flute, controlling the three creatures attacking Kisame. Kimimaro and Sakon moved to attack Kisame. Kisame used his Water Style Quirk to keep them at bay. He tried to focus his attack on Tayuya, but the creatures keep Kisame from doing so. The combined attack from both the Disciples of Wrath and the creatures put Kisame on the defense. 

Kimimaro: You cannot win. Lord Wrath has already won. 

Kisame: I wouldn't be so sure about that. 

Sakon: This one is pretty stubborn. Integra knows how to pick them. 

Kisame: You're right about that. I am pretty stubborn. 

As Kisame said that, the monsters pressed the attack on Kisame, but Kisame trapped the monsters inside a water prison. Sakon soon attacks Kisame, but Kisame was able to strike Sakon with a devastating strike from Sharkskin, seemingly cutting him in half. 

Kisame: One down, two to go. 

As Kisame moved to attack Kimimaro and Tayuya, he suddenly found himself unable to move. He was able to move his head to see Ukon staring back at him with a smile on his face. 

Ukon: Boo.

In that moment, the Disciples of Wrath had gone into their second forms. 

Sakon: Allow me to introduce our Quirks. My brother and I can merge our bodies into one. But when can also split apart and merge the others. You see, when one of us merges with someone's body, we become like a parasite. Like a parasite, we can destroy you from the inside on a molecular level. 

Kimimaro: It is over, Kisame Hoshigaki. You cannot hope to win. 

Tayuya: You should've joined up with Lord Wrath when you had the chance. Too little, too late. 

As Tayuya said this, the Disciples of Wrath moved to finish Kisame off. Kisame simply lets out a chuckle. 

Kisame: You want to know why I want to become a Hero? The answer is quite simple. In this world, there's too many lies and secrets. In some way, the Hero Killer had a point. I want to see a world without lies. I want to see a world without secrets. The kind of world Wrath wants to bring would be the biggest lie the world has ever seen. 

Ukon: How philosophical for a brute. 

Kisame: Tell me again, we're merged?

Ukon: That's correct. I'm in full control of your body. 

Kisame: That's....what I thought....

With a smile on his face, Kisame activates his Water Style Quirk and traps himself and Ukon in a water prison. Inside the water prison, Kisame summoned three water sharks. The sharks begin attacking Kisame, causing grievous injury on himself while inflicting the same damage on Ukon. Left with no other choice, Ukon separates himself from Kisame's body before the sharks could deal the fatal blow. The water prison collapses. Kisame falls to the ground, bleeding on the floor. Ukon catches his breath. 

Ukon: Crazy bastard! 

Despite the injuries Kisame inflicted on himself, he simply got up with a smirk on his face. He then fully unwraps Sharkskin. 

Kisame: Now then....who's next?

As Kisame said that, he fuses together with Sharkskin, transforming into his Shark Form. He lets out a mighty roar as he attacks the Disciples of Wrath. For a moment, Kisame was able to gain the upper hand on his attackers. But the advantage was short lived when Kimimaro formed a large drill like bone weapon from his arm. He presses the attack on Kimimaro, gaining the upper hand. As Kisame defended himself from Kimimaro's attack, Tayuya changed the tune of her flute. Kisame then found himself in extreme pain. Sakon and Ukon then ganged up on Kisame and attacked him. Kisame's Shark Form was all that kept Kisame from certain death. Despite Kisame's best efforts, he was unable to keep up with the combined attacks from the Disciples of Wrath. Kisame was on his last leg. It seemed as if he would die at the hands of the Disciples of Wrath. Despite this, Kisame would fight on, even if it meant giving his life for what he believed in.