Pages 29-39

EXT: NEIGHBOURHOOD SIDEWALK - SUNDAY

SUPER: 10:49 am

Courtney is jogging, wearing tank top athletic wear, her phone on that band around the arm when her phone goes off. She stops, and reads it.

INT: LIBRARY - DAY

Courtney, in a cotton tee shirt now, walking in, bored expression on her face. She looks around before sighing, having spotted Olivia at a table. Papers scattered all over around her.

OLIVIA

Sharp

Aren't you supposed to be on time?

COURTNEY

Careful, you're starting to sound like a b*tch who cares about scheduling. It must be the notebook.

Olivia shoots her a look.

OLIVIA

It's better than actually being one.

COURTNEY

What is all of this? We don't need all of this. You'd know that if you did your half of the work.

OLIVIA

As opposed to a miniscule story-based project, this is for the public to pay for and watch.

She tosses a printed version of their project from last semester, over the top shows the title "Who Would've Thought" along with a note in red pen saying "Poor title" as well as "Lacking second and third act". Courtney snorts.

COURTNEY

Why do you want to use this one? I can make a new one.

OLIVIA

Because it got a hundred.

COURTNEY

I thought you just said this isn't story-based.

OLIVIA

Fast, high-pitched

All plays are-!

Stops herself, deep breath

Whatever. I just need you to finish it. And to take out all four of the main character's negligent tangents.

COURTNEY

Those are solil-

OLIVIA

Take them out. If this is my character, I don't want to be on stage rambling like some narcissistic bugger. Write me a character.

Courtney raises her brows. She sits down and opens the next few pages. There's more annotations on every page.

COURTNEY

There's more work here than you ever did for the class.

OLIVIA