Pages 11-20

EXT: SIDEWALK PAST SCHOOL GROUNDS - AFTER SCHOOL

Courtney walks incredibly slowly, staring at the ground. She's dawdling. She was supposed to be with Sarah right now before she backed out.

INT: COURTNEY'S ENTRANCE CORRIDOR - LATER

SUPER: 3:59

Courtney walks inside, she sighs, locking the door behind her. She goes upstairs, putting her things away. She pulls out her books and puts them on her desk. She glares at the agenda. Opening it, she puts an X by the time stamp where it says "Compare notes with Sarah." Camera pans to the bottom of the agenda, where the entry for Friday is. Courtney picks up her pencil and starts a new entry for tomorrow.

INT: SCHOOL ENTRANCE - NEXT MORNING

SUPER: 7:51

Courtney walks in, she's on routine. Suddenly, we hear Sarah call her name. There are only two other students this early in the morning.

SARAH

Courtney!

Courtney spots her. Looks at her for a second, and turns and keeps walking. She inhales. Sarah catches up to her.

SARAH (CONT.)

Courtney, I wanted to say I'm sorry again. Okay? About yesterday-

COURTNEY

You know it hurts when you do that.

SARAH

I know, I'm sorry. I won't next time, but you made it!

COURTNEY

I don't want to talk about it, thank you.

SARAH

Courtney, I know me being here earlier than normal is messing with your scheduling but I really just want to talk to my best friend right now.

They make it to Courtney's locker. Courtney takes a breath, closing her eyes, trying to expel the soreness of her chest. She opens her eyes then smiles, and nods to Sarah.

SARAH (CONT.)

He asked me out!

Courtney freezes briefly.

COURTNEY

He did?

SARAH

We talked on the drive home, and then we were outside of my house- and he asked me out!

COURTNEY

Wow! That's great, Sarah.

SARAH

I know, he said he wants us to sit with him at lunch- but it's okay if we don't because- We have our spot on the bench-

COURTNEY

Constrained

Yeah, that's nice... Sitting with him at lunch.