Final Author's Note

Hello!

It's been - to quote a reader of mine - a hot minute since I updated this. I just want to start this message off by saying thank you so fucking much to the Wattpad community. Writing this has been such an amazing experience because I don't really publish my work online a lot - writing is kind of an isolating adventure, so to constantly get such positive and supportive feedback was really amazing.

Unfortunately, as you've probably guessed by now, I'm finally calling it quits and discontinuing the story. It's been so long since I was a part of the Six of Crows fandom, and even if I tried, I don't think I could give my characters the justice they deserve. Bardugo wrote some truly fantastic characters, and I think I would just be ashamed if I butchered them any more.

If you ever read one of the first author's notes I wrote, it stated that this story was supposed to be a quick, multi-chapter fic. I think that's part of why the plot eventually became so haphazard and weird (and to every poor bastard that tried to legitimately understand what was going on towards the end, I apologize). I got into fanfiction because the ability to elegantly and realistically develop characters is hard. It gets even harder when you're given a character arc from another author altogether, try to deconstruct it in a way that makes sense with your modern twist, and then develop them again while still paying homage to who the author intended for them to be.

I've grown and learned so much from writing Tales of Wylan Van Eck, and I am so grateful for every reader that stuck through the forest to get here with me. Knowing just how many people have the ability to access my work is incredible, and, in effort not to sound kitschy and fifty years old, we kind of have a really cool thing going on here.

On that note, from one reader to another, it has always frustrated me beyond measures when a story is ended abruptly with no conclusion. In an effort to avoid that, I've prepared two things: a sixteen-page epilogue filled with shenanigans that takes place after this storyline finishes entirely, and my last notes on how this section ends. It's Kaz's master plan, copied word for word from myself a year ago, written on a scribbled down paper I found buried at the bottom of my writing cabinet.

And lastly, I think writer's processes are fascinating and I've always enjoyed seeing the work an author has put into creation. I won't paste it here because I personally despise the way Wattpad handles both photographs and text on their server, but for all those interested, please DM me! I would absolutely love to nerd out with you. Contents include many, many papers, a few story character boxes and a hand-drawn blueprint),

Thank you so much for sticking through with me. Regardless of whether I've responded or not, please know that I absolutely adore every comment I ever received, and have endlessly appreciated all the support that was given to me. You guys are amazing.

All my best,

mercy