Do you have Chocolate Waffles Here?

Jesper

    Jesper and Nina traveled carefully, keeping underneath the shadows. Goddammit I wish Inej was here, he thought strongly. It would have been ten times easier with Inej there.

    "Shh," Nina hissed at him before ducking underneath a tree. "See where they're going? We were right, they are heading for the next house."

Jesper nodded in understanding. "I see it," he muttered as they approached it. It was smaller than Jan Van Eck's house - Wylan's father, he reminded himself - but it was still larger than anything you could find in the city. Peeking around a bush, they exchanged a look.

    "Backyard?"

"Backyard."

Ducking behind various plants and bushes, the two made their way to the back of the house where the garage doors were open, and a myriad of men that looked almost exactly like those marching around Wylan's house were gathered.

    Nina cursed under her breath. "We were right," she said quietly. "For every servant that enters this house, a bodyguard is entering Van Eck's house. But for what?"

"Nobody would do this if they didn't have a specific plan," Jesper said quietly. "They know - or think - that we're all with Wylan in the mansion, and we also know that the guards are willing to be ruthless and hurt people that get in their way."

Nina nodded. "Jan Van Eck is planning something," she agreed. "But for now, we need to figure out a way to stall the guards leaving this place. Or we need to stop servants from transitioning out. Either way, this exchange needs to stop."

Jesper bit his lip. "Maybe we could set a fire alarm, and evacuate this house?"

Nina shook her head. "It needs to be controlled. Quiet, and practically undetectable. Van Eck can't know his plan is going downhill."

Jan Van Eck, Jesper suddenly realized. "Wait," he whispered. "I think Jan's in that house right now. Directing this all - right now. That makes our jobs so much harder if we want to stop the guards from leaving the house. We can't even convince them that all the servants have left already or anything."

    Nina looked grim. "Whatever we do, we have to make our move before Kaz sends us the alert that the Wifi blocker has been taken down. Then we need to use our five minute window. But until then..."

"Until then, we figure out a way to stop the guards from entering the house," said Jesper. "I think I have an id-"

    "Wait," Nina said suddenly, pointing at the house. "Shh, I think something's happening."

    Jesper paused and shrunk down beneath the shrubbery some more. They watched silently as an irate Jan Van Eck entered the garage and headed for the door. He was saying something, but neither could hear the words.

    "He's heading out," Nina said quietly. "I think something happened."

    "Handling a multi-billion dollar corruption agency can't be all that easy," Jesper muttered under his breath. "Hope you leave the country and come back to find out that we've ruined your entire life."

Quickly, Jan Van Eck drove away, rage still simmering on his face.

    "Who's going to organize them now that Van Eck's gone?" Nina asked, craning her neck to see the garage better. "Wait, who's that dude in the...?"

    A man with a similar complexion to Inej's walked into the garage's light. He seemed to be struggling to deal with the guards, now that Van Eck was gone. Waving his hands exasperatedly, nothing happened, and the guards continued to disassemble unhappily.