11.I-Island pt2

Deku was sitting back at the cafe when Melissa walked up to him. "Hey, are you okay?"

"Huh, yeah of course I'm fine, why wouldn't I be," Deku said doing his best to smile.

Melissa frowned. She could tell that he was forcing himself. "No, you're not," she told him. "I can tell. So please tell what's wrong."

Deku looked up and gave her a weak smile. "Yeah, I guess there's no hiding it, huh." Deku thought of telling her, before making up his mind. "You see me and that boy have a bit of a history."

"You mean, Bakugo?"

Deku nodded. "None of the others know about it. I only really know Iida and the girls, but I've made sure to not show any connection to him."

"But why?"

Deku looked down. "Let's just say that there's more than a little bad blood between us. That's why I want to avoid him at all cost, and for the others to not know about our connection."

"Alright, then I guess we'll have to keep it secret then."

Deku looked up, and turned around. It wasn't Melissa who had spoken, but Iida.

"How much of that did you hear?" Deku was angry with himself. He had failed to notice Iida, and now his identity might be in danger.

"All of it, but didn't you hear me," Iida asked. "I said that we'll just have to keep it a secret. Dont worry I won't tell anyone. I just ask that you can someday trust me enough to tell me."

Deku just nodded. "Sure, when one of us is at death's door, or when I've been locked up for my crimes," he thought.

"Well, shall we go now?" Deku looked back, and saw that Melissa was smiling. He could see no judgement in her eyes, and it put him at peace. "Dont worry, I won't tell the others, so let's go."

And so they went, and looked for the group, finding Uraraka. Apparently, both her and Iida had also noticed they were missing and went looking for them. And so after a couple of lies about where they were, they went around the expo looking around the exhibits some more after meeting up with Jirou and Yaoyorozu, until the preview was closing. Then they headed back to the cafe, where Kaminari's and Mineta's shift had just ended and they were on the ground complaining. After greeting them Iida handed them two tickets.

"What are these for," Kaminari asked.

"There tickets to the big expo reception tonight," Jirou said. "Melissa took pity on you, for some reason."

"Yeah she thought you could use a break," Uraraka said.

"I just had a few extras," Melissa said. "Please, I would love it if you had them."

After that the dou went a head and started worshipping her, singing praises. Iida then stepped forward telling everyone to go get in there formal attire and meet up in the lobby at six, and that they shouldn't be late, before running off.

Deku started to turn around, saying, "well, goodbye then. Maybe we'll meet again." But before he could leave he felt a tug on his sleeve. When he turned around, he saw that Melissa had grabbed it.

"Hey I was hoping we could talk about something," she said. "Come on, follow me."

Melissa led him to her laboratory, at the nearby academy. "Wow, this looks pretty interesting."

"Yeah, like father like daughter," Melissa said going through some of her stuff.

"I thought most people wanted to be a hero these days," Deku commented looking around the room. "Though I got to admit, this is cool too. Hey, that's alot of trophies, you must be pretty talented."