I felt this joy in my body, I couldn't control the laughter that came deep from inside my belly.

I was happy, this moment was my happiness.

The music was like a portal for me, summer knew life hadn't always been easy for me but she knew as long as we had each other we'd get through anything.

As the music began to come to and end, another upbeat party tone came on making summer come back inside the car for another second before she put the volume on full blast and stuck herself right back outside the window as I did donuts around the dirt road and back onto the backwood intersection that we called the Redlands. Only driving we ever got was truck dropping things off and picking up it was mostly empty during school hours so I knew we would be completely fine.

"Ahhhhhhhh. I feel so free!!" Summer shouted her brown hair waving all Around her freely as she laughed without a care in the world.

This moment stood forever frozen in time for me because this was the best day of my freshman year and quite possibly the last one I could remember.

My thoughts were interrupted by a buzzing sound that was making my left thigh tingle. As I looked down I heard it again, I slid my free hand into a small compartment of the driver side as I looked at the traffic and moving the next few feet behind a red Buick.

"What the hell is this?" I spoke to myself lowly in confusion and slight irritation.

My fingers felt a metal like object that kept vibrating aggressive, once I got a grip of it I pulled it out and there in my palm lied a cell phone and there was a number flashing on it.

I looked over at Miles who was still sleeping like a baby then back at the phone.

"Hello?" I asked Putting the phone to my ear slightly but still cautious.

I wasn't too sure why I answered but I just did, without any fear more with curiosity.

"Evie? Is this Evie?" The voice said on the other end.
It was a woman's voice which threw me off, I knew it wasn't anyone I knew of, so it had to be Miles.

My eyes shot at him, daggers ready to cut his throat if it was someone he picked up somewhere or an old flame.

"My name is Stormie, I'm ... Im Miles oldest sister." The woman said.

Oldest sister? I thought he only had the one sister.

"Yes I am Evie." Was all I could say after the small bomb that I just received.

Miles has another sister, a live, living and breathing one.

"It's nice to finally hear your voice, I thought my brother was making you up at this point." She said with a small laugh at the end that made me smile softly.

The traffic began to move and the car behind me began to honk angrily.

Aware of what I was doing I shook Miles and shoved the phone in his face, "your sister called." I said coldly not sure why but Miles took the phone with shaky hands and he seemed to stutter when first speaking to her for a second.

I placed my hands on the wheel and began driving through the traffic in whatever openings I could squeeze through, the sudden rush began to kick in.

My hearing seemed to go mute when it came to him and his sister talking I caught bits and pieces of the conversation.

Yes, I'll let her know.

We're actually maybe another hour away from you.

Yes I'll make sure to talk to her before hand.

Love you too.

When we got off the highway and pulled into a gas station to refill up and grab some snacks I quickly got out of the car slamming the door behind me and leaving Miles trailing behind me as he grabbed our coats.

Once I got into the store I quickly went on the line  to pay for the gas, thankful that's there wasn't any people inside.

As soon as I was done, I brushed passed Miles as he was about to come inside.

"Wait!" He shouted grabbing my arm tightly and bringing me to a full stop opposite him. "Listen Evie, I don't know what you are thinking and that scares me most but I can promise you I was only keeping it a secret till we got closer to our destination." His tone changing and becoming more soft as he released his grip from my arm slowly.

I took a deep breath in filling my lungs with the cold brisk air then releasing it out slowly.

I let the anger subside from me and I spoke slowly and as calmly as possible.

"Well we are almost there, I guess you can explain now since we are almost there. "