Once the bright light from the front of the car came to a halt my eyes began to adjust and i saw him in the driver side through the car window.

Every ounce of me wanted to cry in happiness and another part of me wanted to rip his throat out.

I quickly wiped the small tears that began to crest at the edge of my eyes, folding my arms across my chest to give me the notion of anger.

"Evie, babe i'm sorry i pulled off like that." I heard Miles saying quickly as he was almost step jumping out of the driver side and towards me quickly with a sweater in hand for me.

"Your an asshole Miles, you do know that right?!" I shivered as the warmth of the sweater connected with my body and i pulled it closer into my freezing body.

"Babe, i am and im truly sorry can we please get you in the car and warm. You can yell at me while your warming up. But i am sorry i shouldn't have done that but the way you were acting isn't something i am used to having around and knowing how to deal with. Which doesn't excuse what i did, i'm also coming off the medications and its hard but i understand we all deal with withdrawals differently, again i am sorry baby." He spoke so carefully and it instantly made my heart tug and i hated that he had such an effect on me so effortlessly.

As i stood trying to be annoyed, Miles looked at me with a grin on his face as he stepped closer to me. His hand going towards my waist and pulling me into him quickly, his lips greeting my cheek as he said, "I know you want to be mad at me Princess, but we both know you can't be so let's skip that part and please get in the car you are shivering."

Why was he always so good at telling me exactly how i knew i felt even when i didn't want to admit it myself. It was like he was reading my mind or something, and then his touch any touch at that point made my body ignite into a small flame that was all for him and it was like he knew, and i hated and loved it all at once.

"Fine, but i'm still very mad. Cold but mad." I said walking out of his embrace slowly and towards the car and getting in leaving him standing there in his own thoughts for a few seconds before he turned and walked towards the passenger side opening the door and bending down. "Get into the driver side, it's your turn to drive i could use the break."He said smiling show all his pearly whites. Without even a second thought i climbed over to the driver side as he slid into the passenger side.

We were about three hours into our drive and Miles was sound asleep looking so cozy in the thick quilt around him like a cacoon. The roads began to get filled with traffic, terrible traffic at that, everything was bumper to bumper.

So to kill time i had decided to play the radio fairly low not to disturb Miles of course. As i found a station i could hear soothing music too, i couldn't help but feel the soft symphonies soundtrack through the car. The music was very light and uplifting, i had forgot how music use to make me feel.

Happy and free.

Careless and in the moment.

"Put the radio on, I need to set the mood for this adventure." I yelled over to my best friend Summer as we drove in her older brother Landons Honda Civic down the old dusty back roads of our high school.

We were freshman, I had just gotten my license over the summer and she couldn't wait to go on a joy ride.

Summer turned the station till we heard out favorite song, the music began to blare loud over the speakers giving the dashboard a tremble.

"This is it! This is our defining moment E, we're going to live free and die young!" Summer shouted as she stuck her body midway out of the passenger side of the car and started lifting her hands up as the air swept under her making her feel like she was flying I could only assume.