Chapter 42

Niall woke up to a finger running up and down his stomach mindlessly. His eyes fluttered open and he saw Liam tracing patterns over his skin with his index finger. He was humming the tune of ‘Better Than Words’ as he drew and Niall smiled.

Niall smiled as he watched him draw patterns and hum their new album. He brought his hand up to stroke the back of Liam’s neck, something he particularly liked when cuddling. He sighed in comfort and Niall smiled. Even though they haven’t uttered a word to each other, they knew that they were happy like this.

Liam looked up at him through his lashes and smiled. Niall smiled back down at him, neither of them stopping their fingers from moving.

He reached up and pressed his forehead against Niall, his eyes closed. Niall closed his eyes as Liam rubbed the tip of his nose against his, an Eskimo kiss. Niall smiled brightly and moved his other hand up to his cheek.

“I love you, so much,” Niall told him softly.

“I love you too,” Liam smiled. Their lips were so close that Niall could taste Liam’s breath against his lips. Liam’s phone buzzed from the bedside table, he ignored the buzz and pressed his lips against Niall's. Niall kissed me back softly and placed his hand on Liam’s hip.

The kiss was soft and full of love. Liam’s lips were soft and plump and tasted sweet on Niall’s. They parted from the kiss as Liam went to pick up his phone; the buzzing was beginning to annoy him.

He looked at the spam of text messages all from Louis and one from management. He opened one of Louis messages and read it.

 Louis:

Zayn’s coming out of his coma, Come down to the hospital ASAP.

 “What is it?” Niall asked softly.

“Zayn’s waking up and we need to head down to the hospital right now” he answered as he untangled himself from Niall.

“Can I shower first?” Niall asked

“We don’t really have time for both of us to take a shower Ni” Liam said

“We can shower together” Niall suggested his eyebrows wiggling; Liam shook his head fondly and gave a little chuckle.

“As tempting as that is No” he said

“It’ll be fun Li, c’mon” Niall said peeling off the sheets, he gave Liam a wink before he headed into bathroom. He stripped and headed into the shower the warm water immediately relaxing his body.

Liam grabbed his phone as he sent out a quick text to Louis saying that he and Niall would be a little late before he made his way into the bathroom.

Steamy mist blocks Liam’s view of Niall, the glass panel of the shower completely fogged over. In a bid to solve this unfortunate dilemma, Liam pulled the door open and clamber inside with Niall. Immediately Niall’s face lights up, a smile taking over his mouth as he sees Liam join him.

Niall grabbed Liam’s wrists pulling him in towards his body. Hot water ricochets down onto their bodies and off again hitting the tiles as Liam leaned down slightly and gave him quick closed mouth kisses.

He reached over to grab the shampoo bottle and squeezed the fruity shampoo into his hands. He waited a moment for Niall to finish washing suds from his body, enjoying the way Niall’s hands glide over his own skin. He began to work the shampoo into Niall’s hair, messaging at his scalp.

“Li as much as I love your fingers running through my hair I have already washed and conditioned it”

Liam started to wash the shampoo out, temporarily ignoring Niall’s comment. He finished ensuring all the suds are gone and quickly gives Niall’s bum a light playful smack. “Out” Liam says gently pushing Niall out the shower.