Chapter 16

It had been two weeks since Niall had come home for a break from the tour and his brothers, Greg wedding.  During those two weeks Zoe had left for New York after learning it was the reason behind Connor breaking up with her. When Niall had asked her why she was leaving she had replied with “some people are worth fighting for” and Niall had nodded at her in understanding.

Now Niall was sitting on his laptop a word document opened up and Liam on the phone with him as they wrote Niall’s best man speech “now write something that you love about them as a couple, something that inspires you and wish you had.” Liam said through the phone as he was packing his things for his trip to Mullingar “okay” Niall said as he typed on his laptop, he could hear Liam shuffling around his room “did you write it down?” Liam asked as he zipped up his suitcase “yeah I did” Niall said smiling as he read over what he had just typed.

 “Okay I think that’s about it “Liam says eyebrows narrowed “not unless there’s something you want to add” he continues “no i think that’s it” Niall says with a satisfied grin “can i ask you something Li?” Niall continues biting down on his bottom lip “of course, what is it?” Liam asks curious as to what it is Niall wants to ask him “do you like plan to get married or something?......like in the future” Niall says nervously, Liam was surprised at Niall’s question because it wasn’t what he was expecting “yeah of course I want to get married why?” Liam asks curious “just wondering” Niall says with a shrug.

  “Oh okay, how about you?” Liam asks “yeah I do” Niall says a fond smile on his lips. “I want a relationship, where we can talk like best friends, play like kids, argue like husband and wife and protect each other like siblings, and I want it to eventually lead to a marriage that will last forever” Niall says a tiny smile on his lips, he couldn’t see but Liam was smiling as well “that’s really sweet Ni..” Liam says with a grin “oh you know I try” Niall says with a chuckle, Liam joining along with him. They spend another 30 minutes talking on the phone until Liam has to go to catch his plane to Mullingar.       

Niall heads downstairs when he hears Maura calling for him “you called?” he says with a cheeky grin “yeah I wanted to know what time Liam was getting here” Maura says as she turns around from the pot on the stove to face Niall “around 9 or 10”  he says as he sits down the island “do you want me to pick him up” Maura says “thanks but it okay I’ll pick him up” he says with a smile “okay ” she says as she grabs a plate to put the spaghetti on “eat up” she says as she puts the plate of spaghetti in front of him “how did you know I was hungry?” Niall asks with a raised eyebrow “you’re always hungry Nialler “she says with a laugh, Niall joining in too because it was true.

“How’s the writing coming along?” Maura asks as they seat on the couch the hunger games playing on the background “really good, Liam gave me some tips” Niall says a smile “are you sure he didn’t just write the whole thing for you?” she says a smirk playing on the her lips “No mum, I actually wrote it myself” he says, Maura fakes a gasp “I know shocker” he says making Maura laugh.

They continue to watch the movie making conversation, as Maura was talking she notice Niall had barely  spoken a word in the last 30 minutes she tears her eyes away from the television screen to look at her son, who had fallen asleep. She gets up from the couch and goes to grab Niall’s blanket that he had, had since birth.  When she comes back she puts the blanket over him kissing his forehead “sweet dreams Nialler” she says with a fond smile as she looks down at Niall. Her heart melting at the sight of him sleeping, it reminded her of Niall when he was just a baby.

 She checks her watch to see that it is 9:30pm and as if on cue, Niall’s phone buzz with a message from Liam

I’ve arrived :) xx