Chapter 57

“Daddy?” Lawson says and Niall turns to look at him, he walks towards Lawson and picks him up. Liam just stares dumb fondly at Lawson.

“Hey baby, let’s get you down to bed” Niall says as he starts to make his way upstairs. Leaving Liam standing at the door.

When Niall get’s to his bedroom, he lays Lawson down on his bed, sliding in next to him.

“Go to sleep baby” Niall says kissing Lawson on the head.

Lawson’s eyes drop close and it isn’t long before Lawson is fast asleep. Niall stays with him for a couple of minutes before he decides to head downstairs.

He kisses Lawson’s head his lips lingering for a moment before he covers him with the blanket.

He looks at Lawson one last time before he closes the door, leaving it open slightly so he can hear Lawson if something was to happen to him.

When he walks into the lounge, Liam is pacing the room. Niall swallows the lump in his throat when Liam stops and stares at him. Niall looks at the ground not wanting to meet Liam’s eyes.

 “You would have told me if I had a son, right?” Liam asked.

Niall doesn’t say anything.

"Niall, you would right?" he tried again. When Niall didn't answer his anger only grows.

"Niall!?" he hissed

Niall looked up from the ground and stared at Liam "I tried"

"What the fuck does that mean?’You tried?'" Liam could feel himself being overcome with anger. How could Niall not tell him? How could he keep something this big from him?

“I missed a year of my son’s life Niall!"

"You don't think I know that!" Niall whispered trying to keep his voice down not wanting to wake Luke, Ashton and the kids up. "I raised him by myself Liam, my fucking self from day one!"

"You decided that when you didn't tell me you were fucking pregnant." Liam seethed his face becoming redder by the second.

"I decided this? I chose this? I was fucking scared to tell you Liam and when I decided to tell you, I found you balls deep in that bitch Danielle!" Niall's heart was racing as he shouted at Liam.

“That’s no fucking excuse to not tell me that I have a fucking son! I deserved to fucking know no matter what happened between us, I fucking deserved to know! You made me miss a year of my son’s life Niall! A year! That may not seem like a lot to some people but fuck it is to me!” Liam shouted. He had never been so angry at someone in his life.

“I’m sorry” Niall said and he could feel the tears welling up in his eyes.

“Were you ever going to tell me?” Liam asked taking in a deep breath to calm down.

“Why do you think I came back” Niall says

“You waited a fucking year to tell me this? Niall I missed the birth of my own son, him walking for the first time and his first word! I don’t know anything about him Niall!” Liam shouted

“I was heartbroken Liam” Niall said

“You were being fucking selfish!” Liam exclaimed, his voice rising in volume. “You put yourself first instead of the child’s needs! You didn’t fucking think that he might have needed his other father in his life! You were being a selfish fucking prick!” he yelled.

“I wasn’t thinking, I’m sorry” Niall said a tear rolling down on his face.

“Damn fucking right you weren’t thinking” Liam said and his voice is filled so much hatred it makes Niall let out a cry. He hated when Liam was angry with him.