S02E10 | regionals

SEASON TWO, EPISODE TEN

REGIONALS

A.J.

          DON'T PANIC.

          Was it easier said than done? Totally.

          A.J. hadn't been so nervous ever since Sectionals, and that couldn't possibly compare to Regionals. Sectionals had been an isolated episode, a context she would never find herself in again, and everyone had stepped up their game for Regionals. Whatever drama there was going on within the club didn't concern her and, even better, didn't involve her in the slightest. Like she'd said before, it felt strangely comforting.

          Should she be wording things like that? Probably not. She hadn't dared to touch the subject around Gwen, Billie, and Tommy, out of fear it would tank their morale, according to Sasha's words, and she had decided to only get involved as soon as it started affecting the group as a whole. Since it was still limited to that strange love triangle of theirs, she could enjoy some final moments of freedom.

          It wasn't to say everything was going wrong, but they weren't totally right, either.

          It had all started on the road trip to Regionals, which were being held in Pennsylvania. No one had needed to drive, as T.J. remembered, at the very last second, that trains were a thing and everyone just needed to be responsible for their own tickets instead of unnecessarily wasting gas. It went as poorly as one would expect from a bunch of stressed out theater kids; some of them tried to break the ice and ease the palpable tension in the train by breaking into song, only to receive murderous glares in return.

          A.J. wasn't proud to admit she fell into the latter group. 

          After sitting in a train for nearly three hours, all she wanted to do was find her hotel room and take a well-deserved nap. However, with the pressure Regionals was putting on everyone, she was quickly overthrown by guilt; what kind of leader would she be if she just dipped to get some sleep while the rest of the group rehearsed their numbers? Huffing, grumpy and exhausted, she dragged herself out of her room and joined her friends.