S01E17 | eighteen

SEASON ONE, EPISODE SEVENTEEN

EIGHTEEN

T.J.

          T.J. WAS BEGINNING TO WONDER IF IT WAS NORMAL FOR HIS PALMS TO BE THAT SWEATY. A decision that had originally taken him months to make had ultimately culminated in the present day and the box in his jacket's pocket seemed to weigh ten times more than it actually did. He was flooded by nausea, covered in a thick layer of cold sweat, whenever he thought about it, so things could have definitely gone better.

          He'd relied on A.J. for help, because of course he had. Surprisingly, she hadn't acted all smug about it, as she usually did whenever someone asked for her help regarding whatever, but he'd assumed that was because they were twins, had a special bond, yadda yadda yadda. He'd heard it all a million times before and, regardless of how annoying it could be, he was thankful to have her.

          That, however, didn't make it any easier.

          She had ever so gracefully helped him by driving him to a jewelry store, looking as cool as ever while wearing sunglasses indoors thanks to all the flashes from the cameras following them around, and had also planned the week's themes around his request. Then, she fell back into typical A.J. habits and kept nagging him to hurry up, as the week was coming to an end and he still hadn't made a move.

          To make matters even worse, she was horribly obnoxious over everything. She'd tap her index and middle finger against her wrist whenever he was idly staring at nothing, as though to say the clock was ticking (and she never wore a watch), or she'd shoot daggers at him with her eyes whenever he chickened out.

          He hadn't even participated in the Taylor Swift assignment, which was one of the biggest mistakes someone could do in A.J.'s opinion. Of course, almost no one in the club wanted to cross her, knowing she'd make their time there an actual living hell, but he didn't want to cross her simply because a) she was still his sister, annoying or not, and b) it was just not worth it.