S02E04 | debriefing

SEASON TWO, EPISODE FOUR

DEBRIEFING

ISABELLA

          "YOU DID WHAT?"

          It wasn't uncommon for Isabella to find herself questioning every single one of her decisions that had led her to coach a show choir club in a university that thrived on toxic competition. She thought she'd seen it all, the dirty tricks people would pull on each other to ensure their own victories, their own success, yet these twenty-somethings continuously found new ways of surprising her.

          She thought she'd seen the worse—after all, they probably couldn't do something worse than outing someone.

          "We hacked into the NYSPA blog's servers to find out who posted the outing post," Sasha explained, as calmly as though she was on a cooking show. "It was a success, actually, but we'll need you to take out the trash. Naturally, we lack the authority to do so, but rest assured—we'll be talking to the Dean regardless. You helping is just an added bonus, as the coach of the club."

          Isabella pinched her nose bridge, as though that would replace the patience Sasha's explanation had stolen. "Sasha, you do realize this puts you all in trouble as well, don't you? You'll have to tell the Dean how you got this information and you'll be lucky if you get away with nothing worse than a suspension."

          Sasha sighed, complete with a dramatic eye-roll. "Naturally, that won't be necessary. As soon as you confront her, she'll have no choice but to admit what she did and we won't have to disclose how we got the information. Justice is served, Allison comes back to the club, and we can all let go of this drama and focus on Regionals, which, if I might add, are right around the corner."

          Isabella made her way to the piano in the choir room and sat down on the plush seat, pondering her options.

          The natural thing to do was, obviously, confront Jolene and hear what she had to say. Speaking to the blog team was something she should have done a long time ago, right after the scandal went down; after all, it was her job to take care of the students she was coaching, not to mention it was the right thing to do. Now that everything had spiraled out of control and said students were taking matters into their own hands, what else was she supposed to do?