Chapter 2

CW// Abuse

AN// THIS STORY IS UNDER CONSTRUCTION!!! TO CONTINUE READING MEANS THAT YOU AGREE TO ACCEPT THAT SOME PLOTLINES, NAMES, AGES, AND PEOPLE WILL CHANGE. THANK YOU FOR BEARING WITH ME AS I WORK TO MAKE THIS EXPERIENCE MORE VALUABLE TO YOU.

In front of Brooklyn's eyes stood two very tall men, very odd men. They were slender and seemed to unintentionally mirror the appearance of each other. A thought ran through the girl's head about the two's relationship status before they walked past her.

She swore she recognized them, and suddenly all her dreams were crushed. There was not a single chance she would get adopted.

"Hallo!" the man said, a smile spread across his face. Brooklyn nodded his way, matching his smile as he walked up by Senovia. 

Brooklyn felt a searing heat like pain, which she soon recognizes as Bella jabbing her ribs. Bella leans close to her before whispering.

"Don't get your hopes up on getting adopted". Those words alone filled the brunette with an indescribable rage slowly bubbling in her stomach. She's not sure if it was pure hatred for the girl, or if it was just spite, but she couldn't help but stoop to her level.

"And you think you'll get adopted? you're a stuck up snobby little bit-" 

She was cut off my Bella yanking on her hair, some coming out in Bella's hands. "AhhHH! BELLA!" Brooklyn yelled. Ms. Bradford quickly hurried over, coming to her rescue for the first time since she arrived at this hell. 

Ms. Bradford pulled Bella back upstairs, scolding her the entire way. It was actually kind of a funny sight to see.

Brooklyn let out a sigh, sitting down in a chair. Was this really all she was meant for? Just to be a punching bag for person to person? She shook her head before getting up again and heading off to the kitchen to grab some ice.

Life had seriously gotten weird since Brooklyn had arrived at Brightside. She doesn't even recognize herself anymore. Who is she if she's not Brooklyn Annabeth Lee?

"Uhm hello?" a man's voice said, snapping Brooklyn out of her trance.

"O-oh my god, I'm SO SORRY!" she managed to mutter out before quickly walking off. 

Pacing the hallways gave her a chance to walk off the humiliation.

'You're so stupid!' She thought to herself, mentally facepalming. She walked wherever her legs wanted to take her, this being her room. She threw herself onto the empty bed frame of the bunk beds, sighing. 

Millions of thoughts raced through the girl's mind. Why were they HERE? of all places to adopt? Were they as nice as they appeared? Why do they look so similar? Why are they standing in my doorway? wait what?

Brooklyn quickly shot up, hitting her head on the bunk which held her bed in the process.

"Shit!.." she muttered out, holding her forehead.

"Jesus!" The brown-haired man shouted out, quickly reaching a hand out to help. The fast motion of his hand startled Brooklyn more, causing her to flinch.

"I think that makes it our turn to apologize?" the black-haired man said. "Sorry about that... I'm Phil, and this is Dan"

The girl nodded in acknowledgement, not saying a word.

without a second thought, Brooklyn headed towards the kitchen to retrieve an ice pack for the second time that day.

"If you want to talk, you'll have to keep up with the chaos." she practically growled out, the men she now knows as Dan and Phil following close in her trail. Out of the corner of her eye, Brooklyn could see Bella following them; keeping her distance. 

"Typical." Brooklyn scoffed under her breath while making herself an icepack. she held it to her forehead before directing her gaze on Bella. "Can I help you with something?" Brooklyn asked, raising her eyebrows.

"Why, I was just wanting to make sure you were alright, dear friend!" Bella spoke out, baffling Brooklyn to the point of speechlessness. internally, her jaw was basically on the floor by this point.

"I saw you hit your head from the hallway!" Bella finished.

"Well, we hope you're alright. maybe we'll talk more later?" Phil spoke before the two walked away.

Bella watched as Dan and Phil walked out of sight.

"What the hell are you doing, you psycho?" Brooklyn seared. Bella just smirked and let out a small giggle. "I'm not letting you ruin my chances of getting adopted by celebrities!" She finally said, jabbing Brooklyn's chest with her index finger.

"Celebrities?.." was all Brooklyn managed out.  She wasn't sure she would call them THAT..

A scoff left Bella's mouth. "No shit, celebrities. That's why I'm doing this. If any of us are getting adopted by them, its ME. You don't deserve them. You're worthless. You don't deserve anyone." Bella smirked and walked away, satisfied with the conversation.

What if she was right, Brooklyn thought. What if she wasn't meant to get adopted? She was only four years away from turning 18 as it was...

Her thoughts were again snapped as the two men walked back to her. 

"Listen, you don't have to answer this right now. I know this has to be a huge change for you, but if you're alright with it, Brooklyn, how would you like us to be your parents?" Dan said, smiling. 

These were words she had literally dreamed of hearing since she was 7 years old and first arrived at Brightside, and still, a piece of her worried.

"I- I don't know what to say--" she began. Her eyes flickered over to Bella in the background, her face absolutely seething with pure rage.

"Well, you don't have to answer us right now! we don't want you to feel pressured or unconfortab--"

"Of course I want you to! I- I don't know how to tell you how happy I am. All I've ever wanted was a family" Brooklyn managed out between their words, hugging the men awkwardly. 

Eventually, the three separated as Dan and Phil went to sign the papers, and Brooklyn went to go pack.

As she reached the top of the steps, she felt someone push her into a wall. 

She hit her head, and her vision went slightly blurry.

"W-what the fuck, mate??!" Brooklyn shouted, attempting to gain as much power in her voice as she could to alert anybody for help. 

"Snitches are bitches who end up with stitches" Bella growled before hitting Brooklyn multiple times in the stomach, ribs, and face. 

Brooklyn fell over, blinded from the searing pain of her ribs. Her head throbbed, and she coughed up some blood, hearing somebody shouting her name before she passed out.