Chapter 7

CW // Underage drug use

AN// THIS STORY IS UNDER CONSTRUCTION!!! TO CONTINUE READING MEANS THAT YOU AGREE TO ACCEPT THAT SOME PLOTLINES, NAMES, AGES, AND PEOPLE WILL CHANGE. THANK YOU FOR BEARING WITH ME AS I WORK TO MAKE THIS EXPERIENCE MORE VALUABLE TO YOU.

The next few days for Brooke were hard. She felt lonely, but for once, she didn't feel alone. She hadn't left her room for a while and begrudgingly accepted a shopping trip with Phil. She talked with her new caregivers often, and she was beyond thankful.

But she still couldn't help but feel like, in a small way, she was wrong for leaving Amber behind. She could theorize a million reasons why she had gotten blocked, but that was the only one that made sense to her.

She and Amber had been through a LOT together, and they knew everything about each other...

As Brooklyn was ruminating on her thoughts, she reached for her phone, quickly flicking in her passcode. She scrolled through the notes app and started to write down poetry about how she felt.

She always felt a bit...dumb when she did this. She wasn't the BEST when confronted with her own emotions, but she was always able to get there, in the end, and get her message across.

That was how she came up with her song lyric with Amber. It made her heart pang, but she used that feeling to further her work of art.

Brooke leaned back in her bed, the feeling of the soft fluffy blankets weight across her smooth legs, providing a small amount of comfort. Her was hair tossed into a messy bun, with strands sticking out the sides.

She finished typing out her poem and locked her phone. Sitting in silence for a moment, she listened for the voices in the house that she's slowly become accustomed to. But it was quiet. Eerily quiet for 10 am.

Usually, you would hear a different assortment of music, talking and laughing, the sounds of clicking and typing, and the sounds of people walking around. But today, none of that was present.

Brooke managed the energy to shove herself off the bed and rummaged through her dresser. It was a white, bare, wooden dresser that looked as though it had aged greatly.

She hadn't managed to bring too many items with her from the Brightside, so Dan and Phil had taken it upon themselves to give Brooklyn's wardrobe a little...update.

The style wasn't hers aside from her recent shopping trip, and she'd made the mental note to get that fixed.

The guys hadn't raised a kid before, let alone a teenage girl, so they didn't understand the fashion trends that she liked.

But, they tried. She knew they were trying.

She quickly pulled a new shirt over her head, the scent of clean linen laundry detergent wafting by as she did so. Still in her sweatpants, Brook silently scavenged around for the few items she had. Her phone, her purse, a small bottle of perfume, a polaroid photograph, and some cash.

Quickly stuffing her things in her bag, she hopped down the stairs and into the kitchen, her sight set on her two caregivers talking in the kitchen.

She tried to quietly sink against the wall, sliding past their view. Following the narrow hallway that lead straight to the front door, she landed against the area where the coat racks were hanging.

Brooklyn sifted through the pockets, grabbing a couple more dollars that she knew she was going to need.

A small voice in the back of her head rang out. Her morality aching on her conscious as she shoved the twenty quid into her bag and quietly opened the front door.