Chapter 14

AN// THIS STORY IS UNDER CONSTRUCTION!!! TO CONTINUE READING MEANS THAT YOU AGREE TO ACCEPT THAT SOME PLOTLINES, NAMES, AGES, AND PEOPLE WILL CHANGE. THANK YOU FOR BEARING WITH ME AS I WORK TO MAKE THIS EXPERIENCE MORE VALUABLE TO YOU.

Some time had passed since The Incident. Brooklyn didn't like to talk about it. Dan and Phil offered therapy to her multiple times, but she just didn't know if she was ready to talk about her life story yet. She had gone through a lot at this point, and addressing it in therapy would mean it's real.

"What did they say, anyway?" Jennie asked as her, Brooklyn, and Jennie's friend Harley walked down the school hallways. "They said 'Well, you have a show coming up, don't you? We should go!' it was pretty cut and dry. No hidden meanings." Brooklyn responded

Jennie stopped, and walked around to be standing in front of Brook. She planted her arms on both of Brooks shoulders and shook her a little. "It mean. They're coming!"

"Yes" Brook replied, deadpan

"That's exciting! Now everyone will know you have cool dads!" Harley chimed in, giving a thumbs up. "You two are the worst sometimes" Brooklyn stated, pushing her way past Jennie.

"You're the one acting like it's the end of the world. It's a play. You're running lights. It's not special." Harley added. Jennie shoved her to the side, barreling her towards a wall. "Hey!"

"Be supportive!" Jennie whisper-hushed. "I am!" Harley responded.

"You're both acting like children! This is why I don't want you to meet them! It's so embarrassing."

By this point, the three of them had made it across the first hallway, making their way outside towards the second building. "You're embarrassed you have famous dads? I would be reveling in that. I would make myself famous!" Jennie added, twirling around as she spoke.

"Well, I wouldn't want that" Harley added. "Exactly!" Brooklyn quipped.

Jennie frowned. "What! I'm being supportive in Brooklyn's efforts to not want to be famous. You told me to be supportive" Harley crossed her arms. 

"You're all idiots." A familiar female voice rang out. Something about it made Brooklyn's heart drop down into her chest. "You get adopted by celebrities, and then you do fuck all with it. You're literally a waste of space. Grow the hell up."

It was Amber.

"The hell do you want?" Brooklyn sneered, crossing her arms.

"Oh, like you're one to act all high and mighty. Escape free then act like some stuck up bitch. It makes sense, really." Amber tried to turn and walk away.

"Oh, shut the hell up. You literally slag around with hundreds of men and expect me to harbor your every secret." Harley spat out, taking a step forward. Amber spun her entire body around 360 and came up face to face with the blonde girl.

"You're lucky I don't beat you to the breaks little girl, I swear to GOD"

"Do it!" Harley bit back, spit flying out of her mouth as she did. Amber threw a punch towards the girl, and Brooklyn felt rage filling in the pit of her stomach. She barely knew Harley, but they were acquaintances. She sure as hell liked her more than she liked Amber right about now. "Who the hell do you think you are?" was all Brooklyn could manage out before pushing Amber off of her.

"You little bitch!" Amber replied, now directing her hate towards Brooklyn. She launched herself towards the brunette, grabbing at her hair. Brooklyn punched Amber in the sides before eventually grabbing Amber's hair in return.

"Were the hell are the teachers at?!" Jennie yelled out, looking around. "Hush up! You're going to get us all in trouble, you idiot!" Harley replied, wrapping a hand around Jennie's mouth. Harley turned to look towards Amber, who was trying to pull Brooklyn to the ground. 

"Alright, you little bitch. Enoughs enough. Grab Brook" Harley said, motioning her head towards Jennie. She launched herself towards Ambers head, pulling back as hard as she possible could. "Release!" She punched her a few times in the face. 

"Let go of me you little wanker!" Amber replied, turning to try to fight Harley

Before they knew it, a couple teachers came running up to the three of them, pulling them all apart. 

It wasn't long before they was sat in the principals office. All four of them. Everybody's parents had been called because of a fight, and Amber and Brooklyn were sat on opposite sides of a room with ice packs. 

Brooklyn had a black eye, but she was pretty sure Amber's nose was broken. That wasn't her fault. She shouldn't have attacked her. 

"Okay." The principal spoke, breaking the silence "When your parents get in here, I don't want to hear a single peep out of you." 

Six more people were ushered into the room, making it a hardy fourteen people in the room. The four girls, their two sets of parents, the principal, and the three teachers who tore the girls apart. "Okay. Today, it seems your girls got into a fight."

Brooklyn looked up towards Dan, who put his hand on her back. "It wasn't my fault!" Amber called out, grabbing onto her moms arms. "Quiet now, I've already told you." The principal replied, angrily pointing a finger.

"Don't you dare blame our daughter!" Amber's father called out, putting his hand on her shoulder.

"Well, it definitely wasn't my daughter" Dan replied, an unfamiliar look on his face. He was angry. She thought she had seen him angry during The Incident, but she must have been wrong. Was he mad at her? It completely flew past Brook's head that Dan was referring to her as 'His Daughter'.

"Of course it was! Look at our daughter!" 

"That's enough!" The principal called out, angrily huffing afterwards. "We have security camera's. You're all going to be suspended. Mr. and Mrs. Holmes, we'll be needing to speak with you."

Brooklyn could feel tears welling up in her eyes as Dan wrapped his arm around her. She stood up and grabbed her bag, walking out with Dan. 

"What happened, anyway?"

Brooklyn sighed, kicking her feet against the ground as she walked out the school. "She randomly started attacking my friends so I pushed her. Then she randomly attacked me. Well, I guess that one wasn't random."

Dan raised an eyebrow at her. "Randomly?"

"Yes! I swear! She walked up on us and called us idiots! We were talking about the play when she did. She was one of the girls I was in the adoption center with. I think she's just mad that I got out and left her behind. I don't know. I guess that isn't so random." Brooklyn sighed as she pushed the doors open, holding it open for a couple who was walking in. 

"Right. Well, we'll talk to Phil, obviously. You can't just show up with a black eye like that."

"I think I broke her nose. I feel bad about that"

Dan put his hand on Brooklyn's shoulder. "Listen. Sometimes you have to fight back. Obviously violence isn't the answer, but we're never going to be upset at you for defending yourself. I've gotten into my fair share of fights because of bullies, so I get it. 

Brooklyn nodded. At this point, they had reached the car and was climbing in by the time Dan finished his sentence. "Phil is probably mad"

"Phil was pissed when he got the call. At the fight, not you. I was probably the best person to be here, though."

"Yeah.."

The drive home was silent from there, but it didn't feel awkward. For once, Brooklyn felt at peace. When she got home, she had a talk with Phil, and continued to ice her eye. Things were going to get really weird from here on out, weren't they?