Chapter 11

AN// THIS STORY IS UNDER CONSTRUCTION!!! TO CONTINUE READING MEANS THAT YOU AGREE TO ACCEPT THAT SOME PLOTLINES, NAMES, AGES, AND PEOPLE WILL CHANGE. THANK YOU FOR BEARING WITH ME AS I WORK TO MAKE THIS EXPERIENCE MORE VALUABLE TO YOU.

The next morning Brooklyn's head pounded. She hadn't talked to the guys yet. Memories of her snaking her way through the front door and into the dimly lit house last night popped into the brunette's head before she quickly shook it fully-awake. 

Her treck back into her bedroom last night was easy. A piece of her was thankful she didn't have both Dan and Phil sat there waiting for her, or her Brand New Grandmother coming out to search for her.

Another piece of her somewhat wishes they did because then she wouldn't HAVE to talk to them about last night.

Brooklyn pulled her duvet off of her legs and moseyed out of bed. She rummaged around through her nightstand and dresser for a bottle of paracetamol before finally giving up.

"Damn it.." she muttered to herself.

She quietly cranked the door handle and edged the door open, gingerly making her way down the stairs. The flat was still dark and the floor was cold against Brook's feet as she tip-toed down the steps and into the kitchen.

Swiping the bottle off the counter, Brook quietly pattered her way back up the stairs and into her room.

She wasn't interested in risking being seen, the thought of having a conversation about ANYTHING right now made her cringe. 

She flung herself back onto the bed. She reached back over to the nightstand and grabbed a water bottle she always had sitting there, and then popped the medicine into her mouth.

The light shone through her window in such a manner that it continuously blinded her, and it only reminded her that she needed to get new curtains eventually.

The brunette girl let out a frivolous yawn before making her way to the bathroom and assimilating herself with the makeup she had. Quickly putting on a simple eyeliner look with a lip gloss and fumbling through her drawer for her perfume, Brooklyn was practically working on muscle memory to get through this process.

When she had finished, she went and sat on her bed. She looked at her phone before grabbing it and unlocking it, looking at some of the poetry she had written. She got back up and rummaged around her new room, through dresser drawers and nightstands, before finally finding a small pocket notebook and a pen.

She started to rip pieces of her poetry apart and slowly turned it into a song. She imagined it being played on a guitar, and could practically hear the music in her head. She slightly hummed a tune to herself before flipping the page, and restarting.

Brooklyn was startled by a small knock placed on her door causing her to cringe. "Yeah?"

"Good morning, I didn't hear you come in last night"

It was Dan. He sported black sweatpants and a grey T-shirt. He had clearly just woken up and hadn't gotten any coffee.

"Sorry."

Dan tilted his head against the door frame and looked at the small girl sitting on the bed. "You know, we were just worried about your safety"

"I know."

The air was so thick you could cut it with a knife.

"I had my own rebellious phase when I was a teenager, but I don't think it really compares..." he began talking, before cutting himself off. "Anyway. I'm going to make some breakfast. Do you want any?"

"No thank you"

And with that, Dan shut the door and walked away. A sense of relief washed over Brooklyn and she took a deep breath before exhaling. THAT definitely wasn't the conversation she was expecting to have, but she wasn't going to argue.

A thought crossed her mind. She looked down at her notebook before shutting it and heading her way back down the stairs after Dan.