*forty one*

(quick optional question... do you read on here on a computer or on your phone or something of the sort? i'm so mad. i was writing on my computer and now days after doing that i start to write on my phone and now a whole 450 words are gone. i am so mad... and here's a screenshot i got from playon fest's live)

Josh was folding laundry when he hears a knock on the front door. Confused, he sets the shirt he was folding down and walks over to the door. Looking through the glass he sees three certain people waiting on the other side.

"Hey, guys!" The faded red haired man says as he opens the door.

"Hi, Joshie!" Brendon smiles, bouncing slightly on his feet.

"Hi, Bren!"

Brendon was standing next to Dallon who was holding Ryan. Brendon was wearing a yellow Lion King shirt with a pair of black basketball shorts. Ryan's snuggles up into Dallon, trying to hide as best as he could. Ryan was wearing black overalls with a sky blue long sleeve shirt.

Josh bends down to Ryan's level, "Hey, Ryan. How are you?" He says softly, waving his hand at the little one.

"Hi." Ryan mumbles, hiding a shy grin.

"Josh, I honestly didn't want to show up unannounced, but the boys, more specifically Brendon, wanted to come over and say hello. Is that alright?"

Josh nods, "Well since you guys are already here, I guess so." The young adult says as he tries to play it off like he didn't want them here.

"Oh, we can definately leave and come back another day! We really don't mean to bother you!" Dallon says as he takes Brendon's hand in preparation in case they need to leave.

"No, you guys are always welcome here! I'm being sarcastic." Josh chuckles as we waved the three of them into their house. "I have to go get Ty though, he's been taking a nap for almost three hours now anyways. I'll be right back."

Josh jogs up the stairs and to his and Tyler's shared bedroom. As he gets closer to the door he hears the boy crying on the other side. Starting to open the door, he takes a deep breath in.

"Hey, baby." Josh says as he sees Tyler curl up into a ball and continue to cry. He walks over to the bed and sits down on it, pulling the brunet in his lap. Cradling the boy Josh hushes him, playing with the slight curls in his boy's hair.

"What's wrong, baby bee?"

Tyler sniffles and snuggles into Josh more and more. He only wraps his arms around the older boy's neck and gives it a squeeze.

"Want." Tyler mutters after coughing into Josh's neck.

Josh rocks his boy, hoping it would calm him down more. "Okay. Can you tell me what you want, hun?"

"Mama."

The simple word shatters Josh's heart into tiny pieces. "Baby, mama isn't here, sweetie. Daddy is right here, though, daddy's got you. He won't let go of you no matter what." Josh's heart aches even more as he remembers the story about Tyler's mom and dad before he had found him. It broke his heart every time he thought about it. He had wondered how Tyler could continue his life after that whole ordeal.

"Daddy." The brunet says in broken cries.

"I'm here, baby, I'm right here."

Moments later Tyler stops crying. The older boy looks around the bed to find the pacifier Tyler had fallen asleep with. Once he does, he bumps it against the little's lips who takes it immediately. Soft suckling noises come from the boy as Josh stands up and bounces the baby in his arms. Walking over to his closet, Josh gets out one of his hoodies.

"Baby, we have visitors. I have a hoodie for you to wear."

Tyler looks up and smiles ever so slightly, his tear stained cheeks brightening up. The older boy puts Tyler down, much to the little's dismay. Josh helps his little baby put his hoodie on so he was at least half covered.

"My adorable, little baby."

Tyler giggles and blushes, a light pink dusting over his tear stained cheeks. Smiling, Josh picks up the boy and walks out of the room and to the stairs. The boy sighs, sucking on his paci more and more.

"Would do like to wear shorts? Or even some pants before we head downstairs?" The older asks, lingering by the closet in hopes of the little boy saying yes.

Tyler nods, "Shorts." He says, removing his pacifier from his mouth.

"Great."

After getting a black pair of shorts on the boy, Josh hoists him up on his hip. Looking the little in the eyes he smiles, wiping away any left over tears Tyler had on his cheeks and went out to the hallway.

"I'll let you watch TV until our visitors leave. Then no more, okay?"

Tyler nods and clings to Josh like a koala, but soon perks up again at the mention of visitors. As they approach the kitchen, Tyler can hear Brendon and Ryan giggling.

"Tyler!" Brendon practically screams, running over to Josh.

Tyler turns away and hides, not feeling playful at the moment. Josh walks into the living room and sits down on the couch with his boy in his lap.

"Hi, Ty." Brendon says with a small smile, trying to make Tyler look at him.

"Hey, Bren, he just woke up from a nightmare, honey. I think he needs to be alone for a quick second, then I'm sure he'd love to play with you and Ryan. Okay?"

"Oh, okay." Brendon says as he walks back to where he had been playing with Ryan.

Tyler and Josh snuggle for a little while. Josh rocking the brunet as he himself watches Ryan and Brendon play. He looks at Dallon with an "I'm sorry" sort of glance. But soon enough Tyler is wiggling out of Josh's soft and delicate hold so he can go play with his friends.

Hey!

i am SO sorry it's taken me this long to update. i've really had no motivation to do ANYTHING since my school got out back in mid-march.

sorry if this ended sort of abruptly. i'll try and get another chapter out as soon as possible.

also! i'm going to pick up my dance costume tomorrow that i won't get to use 😔

love ya!

~ M ❤️