*thirty nine*

(short filler cuz you guys have gotten absolutely nothing in the past month and a half)

Tyler clings to Josh, begging him in broken sentences not to leave him alone. He had been extremely clingy the past few days and Josh didn't have any clue why.

"Sweetheart, baby, daddy needs to use the bathroom, and you need to go down for a nap. You're super cranky."

Tyler continues to whimper, pulling himself closer into Josh's side. Josh shakes his head and does his best to calm the unhappy little down. Slowly, the boy's cries die down as Josh rocks him and rubs gentle circles on his back. Sitting on the edge of their bed, he bounces slightly, making the bed springs creak softy.

"Calm down, there we go, daddy's sweet little baby boy. Fall asleep and dream about nice things for me, pretty please." The older boy whispers lovingly, kissing the brunet's forehead as his breath steadies.

Josh looks down to see that the boy's eyes were still wide open. He sighs in pain. Standing up, Josh paces the room while Tyler sits on his hip. Desperate to lull the boy to sleep, the older boy hums a tune.

As time progresses, after drifts into a dreamy-like state, practically asleep. Josh untucks the covers from the bed and lays the boy down, tucking him in. Quickly, Josh walks to the bathroom and locks the door.

"All by myself... woah... it's been awhile." He chuckles softly to himself. He uses the toilet, but continues to sit and scroll through various social media platforms for almost twenty minutes.

"Daddy?" Tyler mumbles. He sits up and looks around the room for Josh. He starts to cry and he gets out of the bed. Walking into the hallway he sees the bathroom door closed, Josh chuckling behind the door. Crying even louder, Tyler runs to the door and falls to his knees.

Josh closes his eyes in slight frustration. He loves it when Tyler is clingy, but it has become a little to much for the young adult.

"Just wait one second, hun." Josh says as he finishes scrolling through Instagram. He stands up and shuts his phone off once he hears more of his little guy's screaming.

He opens the door to see Tyler with tears running down his cheeks and snot running out of his nose. The boy realizing Josh was now in front of him, starts to make little whimpers instead of screaming. Shaking his head, he gives into the little's grabby hands and picks him up, holding him securely on his hip.

"Baby boy... it's okay." Josh whispers into Tyler's ear as he walks downstairs to the kitchen. The brunet hugs Josh's neck as tight as possible, making the elder a little uncomfortable.

He sets the unwilling boy down gently on the countertop. Tyler whines and holds out his hands for Josh. Josh opens the freezer door and rummages through some frozen items before pulling out an ice cream sandwich. He shows the sandwich to the red faced boy with tears running down his cheeks.

"Would you want a treat, honey? Do you want an ice cream sandwich?" Josh says in a high voice. Tyler nods and squirms a little as he watches the older boy unwrap the ice cream treat.

The brunet starts to become impatient. It's had only been a few seconds, but he just wanted the ice cream sandwich now! He thought maybe it'd help him feel better.

"Want!" Tyler exclaims, making grabby hands for the treat in Josh's hand. The boy pouts as Josh raises an eyebrow, but continues on throwing away the wrapper.

Standing in front of the boy, Josh taps Tyler's knee. He smiles, soon getting the little one to do the same.

"What do you want, baby?"

Tyler points to the ice cream sandwich he was basically promised.

"Nuh uh, words, please."

"Sandwich."

"Sandwich what?" Josh asks.

"Mmm... sandwich... p'ease?"

"Good job, sweetheart!" Josh praises as he gives the ice cream treat to the younger boy. Scooping him up, Josh walks to the living room and sits down on the couch.

"Now, please don't get ice cream all over the couch or you, mister. Okay?"

Tyler giggles and nods as he clings to Josh, eating his ice cream happily. Josh smiles and holds his boy close as he tries to find an age appropriate show that they would both enjoy.

⚫️🌼⚫️

Hey!

How have you guys been?

My February break is over now and in 7 hours I'll be at school again :(

I got my most wanted piercing ever last Sunday though! :) it gets really itchy every now and then and then sometimes it stings... but i love it and can't wait to get more jewelry for it!!! (it's a septum piercing)

I hope you guys have been doing very well!!

Love ya!

~M ❤️