*eight*

(a/n: my great gram's services and stuff was yesterday (2.13.19) and i was asked by my gram a few days before if i could get this song and 2 others he sang/by him and play them during the service at specified times. i did and everyone loved how my tiny speaker could play so loud with such great quality. i can't get this one out of my head so i added it. love ya ❤️)

p.s. this chapter is going to be a lil' bit shorter than the rest of them are. i love you guys ❤️

"You raise me up so I can stand on mountains, you raise me up to walk on stormy seas, I am strong when I am on your shoulders. You raise me up, to more than I can be."

Josh sighs and holds the sleeping boy closer. He needed to comfort himself. Tyler has been peacefully asleep for while, but Josh needed to comfort his own mind for a bit. Sure, he could go downstairs and bother the dog, but Tyler was right next to him and didn't have a broken leg, so he chose him.

"There is no life, no life without its hunger. Each restless heart beats so imperfectly. But when you come and I am filled with wonder, somehow I think, I glimpse eternity."

Tears stream down Josh's cheeks. He lays back down with Tyler's head and shoulders resting on his chest.

"You raise me up so I can stand on mountains, you raise me up to walk on stormy seas, and I am strong when I am on your shoulders. You raise me up, to more than I can be."

Tyler stirred slightly in his sleep, Josh quickly combing his fingers through the boy's hair, relaxing both of them.

Minutes pass by, the room filled with silence. Josh continues to calm himself by holding the small boy.

"Mmn, Joshie?" Tyler mumbles, barely even awake.

"Shh, Tyler, go to sleep, hun."

"What's wrong?"

Josh kisses the brunet's forehead softly, being able to see him vaguely
because of the street lamp's light coming through his window. The golden light grazing Tyler's soft skin.

"Nothing you need to worry about, pumpkin. Just go back to sleep."

Tyler hums, continuing to stare at the older man. Brown eyes staring into a darker pair. The brunet moves his hand to trace shapes on the elder's chest, nuzzling into the warm chest even further.

Josh moves his hand to Tyler's back, slipping it under his shirt and softly rubs the boy's back. Tyler sighs happily, feeling safe with the skin to skin contact.

"Joshie?" Tyler croaks, practically asleep again.

"Shh, sweetpea, go to sleep."

"Mmn, bu' Joshie,"

"Yes?"

Tyler moves his both of his hands to Josh's chest, gently grasping the shirt beneath him.

"M'love 'ou." He mumbles.

Josh's eyes widen, and looks down at the boy. Soft, gentle breaths escape the boy's lips, creating sound within the room.

"I love you too, Ty." Josh whispers, tenderly kissing the boy's hair.

Tyler doesn't respond, seeming to have fallen asleep. Josh takes a calm breath, having calmed down by holding Tyler in his arms.

"I love you too, Ty."