Chapter 66: Confined Freedom

Start from the beginning

"(Y/n) has been far more...cooperative than she was a while ago, don't you agree?" he asked, earning a nod from the group, "Well, shouldn't we reward her for that so she'll continue to have a commendable behavior towards us?"

"She's not a dog," Yamato scoffed, crossing his arms over his chest.

"That isn't what I meant," Shota chuckled, "I'm only saying. If she acts admirably, she should be rewarded to encourage said behavior and if she acts poorly, she should be punished to discourage said behavior."

"She's not a dog," the brunette repeated.

"Just hear me out," Shota sighed, "Because she is acting so cooperatively as of late, I've decided to give her one hour out of every day where she gets time all to herself. No one can see her, no one can force her out of her room. If she so desires it, she may lock herself in her room."

There was a silence amongst the males, many of them debating whether or not they wanted to give that to her. After all, they didn't like having to wait for her to come around nor did they like having to restrain themselves from her. It would have been a difficult sacrifice that would have taken some heavy self-control but some of them seemed to be all for it, wholeheartedly agreeing with what Shota deemed appropriate.

"Absolutely!" Akari and Takuya grinned, wanting the girl to smile more.

The others weren't so sure about their thoughts on the proposal. While Yamato did want to give the girl some freedom, he was skeptical of the door being locked. If that happened, she could find a way to sneak out and he would have to deal with her being away from him again. On the other hand, Haru and Rei had different concerns about it, finding it tedious to not have her by their side if they want her an hour each day.

"The cameras will still be on," Shota said, trying to ease Yamato's fears.

"Then as long as we have some kind of security on her, it should be fine," he sighed, relieved.

The other two were harder to convince, considering their motivations for refusing the proposal came from their selfishness and need to feel something to feel love. Takuya urged them to agree to it, but they were firm in their stubbornness and vehemently refused the idea, claiming it was annoying and unnecessary. They tried to pitch other things to reward the girl with, but they could never come to a straight conclusion or a unanimous decision. Thus they continued to argue about the best course of action.

Meanwhile, (Y/n) enjoyed the prospect of having time to herself, even if it was quite limited. She jumped in the bed and relaxed for once, enjoying the feeling of the slight freedom. She sighed, turning the television on and listening to the news. It wasn't her first priority to listen to it, but she hoped to gain some useful information. She fiddled with the puzzle still on her table, solving it over time. Yet, as she spent her time clicking each puzzle piece into the bigger picture, the males downstairs argued over what to do.

"She's been so obedient!" Shota shouted, "Besides, hasn't she done so much for you? Can't you, just this once, do something for her?"

"Forget it!" Rei yelled, "I'll give her some freedom when she chooses me!"

"She's not choosing you!" Haru growled, "Don't insinuate she will!"

They were in a stalemate, neither one of the males moving to do as the others wanted. Instead, they kept making arguments, refusing to give in and let their precious girl go for an hour a day. Trading insult with insult, they fought to keep their wants and wishes and though Shota tried his best to convince him, it seemed hopeless trying to reason with him.

Hours later, they were still at it, still at the same point they were when they first began. (Y/n) came down at that point, confused at why she hadn't been bothered for quite some time. The girl turned the corner at the end of the stairs, confronted with the loud bickering of the males. She watched them for a while, figuring out that they were talking about what Shota promised her. Still, as they didn't seem all in agreement about it, she gave a frown.