Chapter Five - Fire drill

Only about a few seconds longer for the bell to ring. Fire drills are not that important for me since we literally have a fire escape right beside our room but. Safety is still our number one focus here.

I fidgeted my pen and turned it around out of boredom.

I looked at Caily who was intensely looking at the clock.

Shauna was studying and taking down notes. Attentively listening.

Asher was sleeping on his desk that was covered with his bag in front of his head.

Jannet was looking at herself her palms, her arms.

Ren was staring blankly at the teacher.

Blake's hand was twitching for some reason that made me laugh.

Skylar was gritting her teeth, looking down. I assume because of frustration.

Assuming that it had been already a minute. The bell rang it echoed throughout the whole school as everybody looked around for a second and immediately ducked under the desk. Except us eight and the teacher who stood up.

How come their stupidity is lower than a sloth.

I face palmed so hard it was heard through the whole room. "Everyone this is a fire drill. Not an earthquake drill." Caily announced that made everyone chuckle including the teacher.

Us eight got out of the classroom and assisted everyone towards the school grounds including other sections. Caily was in the lead as I and Shauna was behind making sure everyone is in line and get what is going on.

The alarm stopped and everyone walked towards the ground and some still have a book over their heads.

"Come on Shauna we still have to check the rooms if there are students left." I said as she nodded and we both looked in each and every room.

We secured almost all of the hallways except for the last one that had an uncomfortable energy. "That's the final hallway!" Shauna beamed.

As Shauna was about to walk to a corner a grabbed her arm and pulled her aside. As a kitchen knife made a cling in the air.

I stood in front of Shauna. As every Black Chain member came out of the corner. "Your leader is very aware." Ameryth applauded.

"What do you want?" I said in a vitriol tone that made her smirk. That usual smirk splattered across her face.

I eyed Shauna that was perplexed.

"Don't take it personally babe, we just wanted some fun." She continued. "And maybe, start a real fire."

Penelope stepped forward and opened a lighter that immediately lit up. Her innocent smile turned into a deadly grin.

With one last smile she dropped it. That's our queue.

"Now!"

Shauna stepped ahead and started to pump the fire extinguisher that made all of them shriek. I grabbed Shauna's hand and slipped right pass them seeing Blake at the end of the hallway.

"Dude, where have both of you been?" Blake asked as he looked behind us to see all the girls who was angry.

He looked at me and smiled as he touched his AirPods and alerted everybody that the two of us are safe.

We three headed downstairs and into the crowd that were loud and that usual incessant chattering happening.

The Principal came up the stage as everyone silenced. Us eight started to circle around the whole crowd making sure everyone is paying attention.