Chapter XVI

*Angela POV*

"Get ready," Mateo says.

"For what?" I ask.

"Just get ready, we are going out." He says, walking into the bathroom that is connected to the bedroom.

I get up from his amazing bed and change into a pair or light blue jeans and a white long sleeve shirt. I straighten my hair and put on a pair of nude heels. I grab my makeup bag from the drawer and put a light coat of makeup on as well.

I pull out my phone and send a quick snap of my outfit to Gabby, Eliza and Ella.

I walk towards the bathroom and knock on the door. He slowly opens the door revealing a wet haired Mateo with only a towel on. As if I'm not blushing already he smirks and winks.

"We don't have to go, I see the way you're eye-fucking me," He says, opening the door wider.

"You wish, zemer."

This man hot tho. Snap out of it.

I walk away and into the living room. I find Gio, Stefano, and Mark are all sitting with popcorn in their hands and watching "The Godfather".

"Teddy bear, where are you going?" Asks Gio.

"I don't know, Mateo is taking me somewhere," I reply, plopping down on the couch.

"Ooh, alright. Mateo making moves. My boy!" Gio hypes up Mateo.

As if on cue Mateo walks down the stairs. He wears a dark blue button shirt and dress pants. His hair is perfectly styled. My eyes start traveling down and when they hit his arm I notice a new, fresh-looking rose tattoo.

"You can stop drooling," Says Mateo, raising his brow and digs into his pockets to fish for his car keys.

"You don't need to be so cocky," I say.

"Why am I friends with these douchebags?"  Asks Stefano.

"Because you would die without us," Says Gio attacking him with a bear hug.

"We are leaving," Mateo says grabbing my wrist and pushing me towards the front door and towards his car.

"Can I drive?" I ask.

"No."

"Please," I beg.

"Fuck no. This is my baby."

"I'm a very good driver."

"Says the one with three speeding tickets in the one year you have been in Italy," He says, pushing me towards the passenger's side.

"Fine, but next time, I'm driving."

"Okay."

I reach for the radio but he swats my hand away and turns on some of his Frank Sinatra songs. The interior of Mateo's car is matte black and smells like strong cologne and cigarettes. I look over at him and start thinking. This man is sorta my boss now. Why is he taking me out?

Outside, the sky starts getting dark and I stare at it in awe: It looks beautiful. The road has only a few cars driving on it. Mateo turns right and in front of us stands a dark restaurant. Through the windows, I notice not many people inside.

As Mateo turns off the car, I get out and wait for him so that we can walk in together.

"Mr. Rossi, your table is right this way," Says the lady in a high-pitched voice.

"What are we doing here?" I question.

"I want to get to know you." He replies.

"Aren't you supposed to the big, bad mafia boss?" I ask.

"Zemer, you have no fucking clue what I have done in my lifetime."

"Well, I'm going to find out at some point," I say, looking through the menu.

"Do you know if you're going to stay or not?"

"I want to, but I don't know about my friends," I answer.

"Tell me something about yourself."

"Well, I have two parents and a brother and a sister."

He looks at me sadly, but quickly changed his expression back to his regular stern, harsh look.

Changing the subject, he asks me "Favorite movie?"

"Don't judge me, but I love Ridiculous 6, it's funny as hell. What about you?" I ask

"Karate Kid is the shit."

"I didn't see that one coming," I say. I look across the table and see that he's looking down at his phone. Fucking duchebag isn't even paying attention. I clear my throat and he sets his phone down and looks directly into my eyes.

"Yeah, well, I have a soft side." He pauses, then asks another question, "Okay. Favorite car?"

"My Dodge Charger. I always wanted one since I was a little girl. Least favorite food?"

"Broccoli and cabbage suck ass. Favorite place?"

"I totally agree with the broccoli and cabbage thing. And to answer your question, my hometown, Athens."

"Yeah, I have been down there for business a couple of times."

"How come you don't use conjunctions? You always say every word," I ask.

"My father taught me to always say all your thoughts, to not shorten them. I got into the habit since I was little so I guess it stuck."

"I really like that." I say.

The waiter walks over to our table and finally gets our orders. Mateo orders a streaks while I order some shrimp with pasta.

As we wait for our food, I tell him more about my childhood. He didn't share much about his past except small stories that didn't have much details.

I wonder why.

Time flies by and before I know it, we are driving back home. I mean to the mafia house.

I say goodnight to the boys that where still sitting on the couches after all this time, run into Mateo's room and jump on his bed. I quickly change out of my clothes, take off my shoes, grab one of Mateo's shirts, and slip it over my head.

I get under the covers and slowly close my eyes. The door slowly swings open as Mateo walks in. He heads into the bathroom and slams the door shut.When he comes out he only has grey sweatpants on and his face seems a bit wet.

He gets into bed and turns to face towards me.

"What?" I say.

"Nothing," He replies looking deeply into my eyes before turning his back to me.

"Goodnight," I say, shutting my eyes.

"Goodnight," he replies.

____AUTHORS NOTE_______________

-I'm tired

-I'm in science class and I'm tired as heck. I have to volunteer later too and I sort of don't want to :(

-I'm trying to make my chapters a bit longer:))

---------------------------------------------------