Chapter XXXI

*Mateo POV*

Gabby and Mark decided to go out so the rest of us chose to play cards against humanity.

It was my turn to pick a black card and I drew a card that read "That's bullshit! They can't fire me for ________!" I place my hand over my eyes and wait for Ella, Eliza, Angela, Gio and Stefano to drop a white card.

Gio is the one to speak up once everyone had chosen their card, "Done."

I remove my hand and grab the cards. I shuffle through them. 'Death, 'My secret butt', 'poppin that pussy', 'your mouth', and lastly 'my buddy Jeff.'

I drop the 'poppin that pussy' card and wait to see who was the one to chose it.

Ella extends her hand and says, "Hand it over."

Damn I though Gio dropped that card.

After a few more rounds of the game, Angela gets up and goes into the kitchen to get some snacks. She grabs them and starts handing them out to everyone.

Damn, a snack carrying snacks. Damn it, I am getting soft- and hard. Jesus help me.

I quickly grab the sour cream and onion chips and rip the bag open. I start stuffing my face while everyone else cleans up the cards and starts to play truth or dare.

"Gio, truth or dare?" Eliza asks.

"Dare."

"I dare you to eat two of those special brownies over there," she says nodding towards the weed infused brownies.

He walks over to the plate and quickly downs two of them. As he reaches for another one Stefano grabs the plate from his hands.
"You guys know that I will have to watch over him so he doesn't burn this fucking house down," he says clearly annoyed

Gio rolls his eyes and continues on with the game,"Angela truth or dare?"

I swear to God, if she says-

"Dare"

Fuck

"I dare you to do that American thing with me. Isn't it called '7 minutes in heaven.' He says butchering at his words.

Angela turns her head to look at me, but before any words escape her lips, I am on top of Gio, punching him."

"What the fuck Gio. You know she is mine," I say.

"I don't understand," he starts," since she is 'yours' then why haven't you asked her out yet?"

He has a point.

As I am about to punch him again, Angela pulls me off of him and drags me towards our room.

"Mateo, relax. He just isn't thinking straight." She says sitting on the bed. "Don't let him pressure you into doing something you aren't ready for. I can wait for you. I will wait."

"Angela, if I could, I would ask you to marry me this damn minute, but I'm scared. I do not want to lose you, not like Rose. She is the reason why I am so tough. She is the reason as to why I never let anyone in anymore. She is the reason as to why I am like this. I cannot have my already broken heart be ripped apart and stepped on, not again."

A tear rolls down my face.

She walks over to me and grabs my head. She places it onto my shoulder and holds me.

———————————————————————
Authors Note

-yeah I almost cried
———————————————————————