Chapter XLIV

*2 days later*
*Angela's POV*

I place my hands into Mateo's and a camera shutter goes off.

"Can I take off this fucking blindfold so I can see my beautiful wife to be?" Mateo asks pulling at the white silk cloth that is wrapped around his head.

"Take it off and non avrai una mano da usare," Nonna says standing behind the photographer. (You won't have a hand to use.)

I grab Mateo's blindfolded face and pull it down to mine, causing the photographer to snap more pictures of us.

The photographer begins telling us new poses for us to do ."Mr.Rossi, turn around and press your back against your wife's."

Mateo tried to turn around but ends up facing backwards, so the photographer takes it into her own hands. The photographer lets the camera hang on its lanyard and walks over to us. She places us in the position and walks back to where Nonna stands. She takes some pictures before asking me to slowly take off Mateo's blindfold.

I do as I'm asked and the camera goes off once again.

When the blindfold is fully off, Mateo looks me up and down. How's eyes full of happiness and love. "I love you," he says.

Before I have the chance to say it back, his lips are against mine.

"Asshole, you are ruining her makeup," Nonna yells.

He pulls away and looks at my face, with concern, making sure my makeup didn't smudge.

Gabby jogs over to us, while trying to keep her shoes clean. "We got to go to our positions."

Mateo gives me a small kiss on the top of my head and walks over to where Mark, Stefano, Gio and Jordan are standing with their matching suits.

Gabby grabs the tail of my dress and helps me walk to the church doors.

"Break a leg, babe" Gabby jokes as we walking to the church and she walks to her position.

I go to my place and wait for my father.

This isn't what we rehearsed.

Ayy Ladies by Travis Porter begins playing. Giovanni wake up to the isle with a basket full of money instead of the white rose petals we chose.

Everyone stands up, with confused looks on their faces. One man even reaches into Gio's basket. He slaps his hand away and begins dancing down the isle, while dramatically throwing the hundred dollar bills.

After licking a hundred bill and sticking it onto Mateo's forehead, the music stops and Giovanni goes to his position.

The slow and romantic music starts and my father gives me a reassuring nod. The we start our slow tread down to isle and to my husband, passing friends and family.

As we pass each pew, I look at the people that are here for my special day. Smiles plastered on all their faces, each of them dressed better than the last.

My father placed my hand on Mateo's and then kisses my forehead.

Mateo helps me to stand next to him and the music stops playing.

The priest raises his hands and motions everyone to sit down. He then starts the ceremony.

"Brothers and sisters, we have gathered here today to witness and celebrate the marriage of Mateo Alessandro Rossi and Angela Alfanso. Your marriage today is public and a legal affirmation of the bonding that you have already begun.

Mateo turns his head towards me and smiles.

The priest continues," Marriage will strengthen you as individuals, deepen your love for one another and bring out the best of each of you. So, enjoy enjoy your marriage and let it be a time of waking up each morning and falling in love with one another all over again."

The priest takes a breathe and the photographers snap pictures of the ceremony. The artist in the back of the church begins painting.

"You may now say your vows."

Mateo grabs a piece of paper from the inside of his suit jacket pocket and begins reading. "I truly believe that God sent you into my life to give me something to fight for, to show me there is love in this world, to give me hope and happiness. You are a gift from Heaven. With this speech I want you to get one thing out of it; you are my soulmate. I am deeply and madly in love with you."

A tear runs down my face as Gabby hands me the vows that I wrote. I begin reading, " Today I promise to be your best friend, your wife, and someday the mother of your children. I will stand by you through every battle that life throws at us. I will laugh with you, and cry with you, loving you through the good and through the bad. I give you my hand, my heart, and my love, today and forever."

The priest continues with the ceremony. "Mateo please repeat after me. I, Mateo Alessandro Rossi, take you Angela Alfanso, to be my lawfully wedded wife, to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better and for worse, for richer or for poorer, in sickness and in health, until death do us part."

Mateo repeats the priest, his eyes gazing at mine. He grabs the ring from the pillow that Jordan holds and slides it onto my ring finger.

"Angela please repeat after me," the priest continues once the ring is on my finger. " I, Angela Alfanso, take you Mateo Rossi, to be my lawfully wedded husband, to have and hold, from this day forward, for better and for worse, for richer and for poorer, in sickness and in health, until death do us part."

I repeat all the words that the priest says and slide the ring onto Mateo's finger.

"You may now kiss the bride."

Mateo grabs me and kisses me, a kiss full of passion and love.

We finally pull apart, and the music begins, signaling for the groomsmen to walk out first.

Nonna walks up to us. Her beautiful purple dress with a matching jacket that makes her eyes glow. Her perfume overwhelming my senses with delight.

"I love you," she says.

Words are about to escape my lips but a gunshot cuts me off.

Panic.

Eliza on the floor.

Her blue dress stained from the blood oozing from her head.

————————————————————————
Authors Note

-I'm sorry
________________________________