~• 5 •~

Will POV
Why, Nico? Why did you have to leave? You were my moon, the only thing lighting up the dark. And now, when the night comes...

I'm in the Hades cabin, taking it all in. Gods, it's morbid. I like it though. Reminds me of Nico. Someone has cleaned up the blood. It is almost like nothing ever happened here, like someone did not harm themselves.

In the corner of my eye, I spot something shiny glint in the far corner of the room. I cautiously make my way over to it, and then freeze. It's an open box of blades. Big blades, small blades, thick and thin blades. Some have dried blood on them.

I honestly don't know what comes over me, but before I know it I have one of the clean, small blades on my hand and am hovering it over my wrist. Then Kayla bursts in. "Will! Will you have to come quick! Wait. Will? What are you doing with that blade?" Her voice goes gentle, calm and quiet. "William? Listen to me. I'm gonna have to ask you to put the blade down. Okay, Will? It's all going to be okay, just don't hurt yourself. I need you in one piece."
Her words are muffled, I can't hear her properly. All I can think about is how I would be with him if I cut.
"Will?!" She asks worriedly. Then sighs. "Will, it's really important. I think you would want to know what happened, but before I tell you, please. Put. It. Down... Now."
I don't react.
"William Solace! Nico is out there right now! So put that bloody blade down so you can see him! You're not doing anyone any favours dead!" She's yelling now.

Nico? This registers in me. I jump up, the blade clattering to the wooden floor of the Hades cabin. "Did you say that Nico was here?" I whisper.
"Is. Nico is here. Now go to him! But, my dear brother. We will speak about this." Kayla replies.

"Thanks sis! Love ya! Gotta go!"

I run outside, and see a camper on top of the hill waving madly at me, gesturing for me to come up. As fast as I can, I sprint up the hill and almost cry at the sight I see.

It's Nico. Alive, breathing. He's gained some weight, and there are no circles under his eyes. He looks... happier. But his eyes are concerning. They are extremely clouded, and contain hints of confusion. Somethings up.

"Where am I?" He says, to me. What the Hades? He doesn't know....
"Nico? You're at camp. Don't you remember?" I bend down and sit next to him. Someone has bought him a blanket, and he shivers into it.
"I... I don't remember. Will? Who am I?"
"Wait, you remember me?"
"I'm not sure. It's like, waking up and the only word going through my head was Will. Will. Will. And then you came up, and for the first time I recognise something. Someone."

"But you don't know who you are? Where you are? Can you remember anything, anything, about your last life?"
"My... last life?"

Hmm. Interesting.

"You are Nico di Angelo. Son of Hades. You are home." I say. Nico visibly relaxes.
"So what do you remember about me?" I tease, whispering playfully.

Nico POV
The question is, what don't I remember. I remember his smile, his smell, the way his shirt perfectly fits his body, the way he sounds, feels. How he made me feel. If only I could remember what happened to make him look at me like he's lost me before. He's in pain, I can.... feel it? I don't know.
"Umm, I remember you. It's hard to explain. Will? What happened? Why am I here? Why do I not remember?

"I'm not sure, Death boy."
I'm about to ask what the nickname means, when   I'm suddenly not me anymore. I'm a camper, down in the infirmary.

And I'm dying.