Chapter 50 | Who Knew Two Different Hearts Could Collide?

𝐍 𝐎 𝐀 𝐇 ' 𝐒     𝐏 𝐎 𝐕

Four years, 1460 academic days, 4 football seasons and 48 football games have led up to this moment. Surrounded by the rest of the senior class, all of us sit here in our graduation caps and gowns waiting to receive our diploma's which will officially mark the end of our college experience. My eyes wander around the students who all kind of look the same wearing the same thing, but it's easy to spot Dylan a few rows in front of me talking the person's ear off next to him probably complaining he's bored or hungry.

Turning my head, I notice Aiden a few rows back who sees me and nods to me as if thinking the same thing, that this is it for us. No more college football games or parties, no more living together, hell not even the same states as each other anymore. The football draft had come and went last night. Dylan had been drafted by the Chicago Bears and is preparing to head up to Chicago in the next few days in order to get settled before the practices start in order to be ready for the season, which starts in just over a month. He's heading back home tomorrow to spend it with his family before he leaves and is actually taking Hannah with him to meet his family and spend it with her too.

Aiden has been drafted by the Dallas Cowboys and is heading out to Dallas in the next week. Alongside Sierra, who was going with him for the next month.

Me?

Well, it was a rocky draft, but I can proudly say I've been drafted by the New England Patriots and officially start my training next week. My family and Ava were and still are extremely proud, but I can tell they're sad I'll be moving away. After all, it's not like Ava can come with me considering she still has two years of college left. The next week will be spent with both Ava and my family pretty much twenty-four-seven.

I wanted to make sure I spend as much time with them while I can, considering I'm not fully sure on when or how often I'll be able to come back to LA. Ava was flying back to New York in a few weeks as she got an internship for a prestigious journalism company in New York for the summer, which I'm so proud of her for.

Luckily New York and New England aren't too far away from each other meaning for the summer we will be able to see each other more than we will when she comes back to LA for college. My eyes wander from the stage to the family members in the bleachers, since the graduation is happening on the football field, my eyes land on my family, Ava, her friends, and Nick, who are all sat together. Ava catches me staring and smiles at me before mouthing 'pay attention' I chuckle and wink before turning back to the stage.

"Now I believe it's time to hand out the diplomas so if all seniors would stand," The dean says and we all stand as he starts to call out names of people in order as they walk across the stage to collect it. "Dylan Foster," He calls and everyone starts cheering, Dylan dances onto the stage receiving his diploma before holding it up in the air making us all laugh especially when he hugs the principal and runs off stage. The line continues to move along cheers coming from families and the students. "Noah Jackson," He says and I walk onto the stage, ignoring the cheering and honestly just trying not to trip. I get my diploma and shake his hand.

"QB! QB! QB! QB!" The team shouts, making me chuckle and I walk off stage looking up to the stands seeing my family and Ava cheering loudly. Making my way back to my seat I wait for everyone else to get theirs.

"I now present the graduating class of 2020," The dean says and we all erupt in cheers.

"College graduates, motherfuckers," Dylan shouts, jumping onto Aiden and I as we hug, we laugh and push him off us. "Heads up," Dylan says, confusing me before he points and I see Ava running towards me.

"You did it," Ava shouts running and jumping, wrapping her arms and legs around me like a koala making me laugh before she kisses me. "I'm so proud of you," She mumbles kissing me. "I love you."