Chapter 16 | Dance With Me

𝐀 𝐕 𝐀 𝐋 𝐎 𝐍 ' 𝐒 𝐏 𝐎 𝐕

Halloween is one of the biggest events on campus. Other than football games and pledge week, anyway. Parties are thrown left, right, and centre. People jump out on you on campus and scare you. Which may cause them to get hit by Sierra when they jump out at her. It's happened before. Every frat house throws a Halloween party, but the biggest and most talked about party is Noah's that he throws every year.

It's limited to invite only, which makes sense considering he throws it at his parents' house and will only want people there he can trust. But even though it's invite only, there's still many people there. Halloween has made everyone crazy, I've had someone jump out at me three times so far this week.

"Seriously? If you can't walk in six-inch heels, why wear them?" I ask Hannah, rolling my eyes as I walk out of my bedroom and into the living area, now dressed for the party. "Better hurry up and learn, Nick and Liv will be here soon."

A knock sounds at the door. Speak of the devils. Walking to the door I open it seeing Liv dressed as Belle, and Nick dressed as the beast.

"Cute couple costume. I see you brought your dog along," I smirk to Nick who rolls his eyes, but Liv laughs.

"Well, dogs don't like cats," Nick fires back, referring to my costume of catwoman. A skin-tight leather bodysuit with a plunging necklace, cat ears and knee-high heels.

"Come on in, Hannah is trying to navigate six-inch heels which she can't walk him," I explain, holding the door open further to let them in.

"She kept falling down and pulling me with her," Sierra explains walking into the living area in her cheerleader outfit, which will match with Aiden's football uniform he's chosen to wear since he's not too big on costumes.

"What was I supposed to do? Fall on my own?" Hannah asks, walking out in her Harley Quinn costume. "Can we go?"

"Of course, your highness," Sierra mockingly curtseys, making us laugh before we head out of the apartment.

Locking it up, we head downstairs and into Nick's car, since he isn't drinking tonight. Driving to the more suburban area of LA is a stark contrast to the frat houses that surround the USC campus area. Nick parks us up the street, telling us we have to walk from here considering there are cars parked everywhere for the party. This is bound to get some complaints from the neighbors.

Getting out of the car we make our way up the street, as college students surround the house and are scattered across the street taking a breather. The music isn't too loud to be heard from outside unless the door opens, which I guess is Noah's way of trying to ensure the neighbors don't get too annoyed. Heading inside, people surround every inch of the house. All of them sporting different costumes. Soon enough, Dylan emerges from the crowd running over to us.

"Ava cakes!" Dylan wraps his arms around me in a hug. "Give us a twirl," He spins me around as I laugh.

"Nice costume Dylan," Hannah smirks, eyeing his cargo pants and shirt that says army on it.

"I'm one of a kind, I'll have you know," He scoffs, and we raise our eyebrows as a group of guys walk past wearing the same outfit. "I wear it better."

The crowd parts as Noah walks through, heading over to us in his firefighter costume. The pants with suspenders and a tight-fitting top that shows off his muscles. Biting my lip, Hannah nudges me as Noah gets nearer. His eyes connect with mine before they travel down my body. Heat courses through his eyes as he checks me out, setting my body afire, and a blush rises to my cheeks. His lips turn up as he catches it.