Chapter 34 | The Secret Is Out

𝐀 𝐕 𝐀 𝐋 𝐎 𝐍 ' 𝐒   𝐏 𝐎 𝐕

What does a hangover feel like?

Well, it feels like an elephant is stomping on your head, the smallest of sounds feel like loud sirens and the smallest light feels like you're being by the sun directly in your face.

That is what a hangover feels like.

Groaning into my pillow I sigh, knowing my headache will prevent me from going back to sleep, I sit up seeing Noah's side of the bed empty. Seeing a glass of water and some advil, I grab the advil downing it with some water before dragging myself out of bed to the bathroom.

Yikes!

Staring back at me in the mirror is definitely not myself. My hair is a mess and although I had removed my makeup last night, my eye bags were heavy. Washing my face as if to look somewhat more alive than I feel, I then run a brush through my hair before making my way to the living area.

"Sleepy beauty is awake I see," Noah says, seeing me walk into the kitchen and I shush him for being too loud. "Did you take the advil?"

I sigh, nodding before sitting down. He kisses my forehead gently running his hand through my hair.

"That feels good," I mumble, and he chuckles wrapping me up in his arms. "This headache however does not."

"Hungry?" Noah asks, and I nod my head. "Good, I'm making breakfast," Noah says and I thank him, kissing his cheek. Contrary to some people, I can stomach food when I'm hungover in fact, I crave it more.

"I hope that means breakfast for me too," Hannah grumbles, stumbling into the seat next to me rubbing her head.

"Well, I'm kind of scared of what will happen if it doesn't so sure," Noah agrees and I chuckle.

"What happened to your hand?" Hannah asks, picking up my wrapped hand.

"Oh, you know punched my ex-boyfriend, nothing major."

"Aww I'm so proud," Hannah says, hand to her heart and I chuckle. "Jackass deserved it."

"I agree," Noah says, bringing over our breakfasts for the three of us. "Breakfast is served."

"Can you be our personal chef?" Hannah asks, scoffing down food. "Seriously, she'll pay you in sex."

"HANNAH!" I shout and she shrugs, not bothered. "I will not," I point to Noah, who chuckles. "Some friend."

"You know I'm joking," Hannah waves me off. "Kind of...have you tried his food?" She asks, and I slap her arm with my good hand before we all continue eating. "What time will you be back tonight?"

I shrug. "Not sure, why?"

"That guy I've been seeing I'm planning to have him over and cook for him," Hannah admits, and I smile. "No, you cannot meet him yet!"

"Why not?" I pout, and she rolls her eyes. "Ok fine, we won't be back until late."

She nods her head, and we carry on eating. After finishing breakfast, I head into the bedroom to get changed for mine and Noah's day at the zoo with Luna. Before we head to his place so he can change quickly and soon enough we're off to his parents' place.

𝐍 𝐎 𝐀 𝐇 ' 𝐒   𝐏 𝐎 𝐕

"I don't think you're prepared for how much Luna loves the zoo," I tell Ava, who sits in the passenger seat a few days later. Luna has been begging someone to take her to the zoo for a while now. They got a new animal exhibit she wants to see because her friends talk about it non-stop. But no one has been able to take her with the wedding coming up, and because the twins are banned. She had asked me a couple of days ago and you do not understand how hard it is to say no to a six-year-old adorable little girl especially when she gives you the puppy dog face, so Ava and I are taking her today.