Just get together already part 2

-Percy-

"You drool in your sleep."

That was the first thing she said when he woke up. Schist. When did he fall asleep? He had just meant to make sure Annabeth was asleep before leaving.

And then she came and hugged him.

"Thanks for always being there for me Seaweed Brain..."

"Anytime Wise Girl."

After a whole minute of awkward silence Percy cleared his throat. "Well, I'd better run down the hall. Mum must be waiting."

"Right then. See you Seaweed Brain."

The entire  walk down the hallway (it wasn't very long) all Percy could think about was Annabeth and how cruel Luke was. She probably wouldn't ever remember him dragging her away and in doing so getting hit by Luke. Ouch. Percy winced as he saw the bruise below the sleeve of his tee. Annabeth deserved someone so much better than Luke.

After all she'd been through, with stalkers, bullies, Helen and her mum dying, she needed someone who'd always make her happy.

He walked into the apartment with a wistful look in his face.

"Percy! Where have you been! Get Estelle her porridge will you? And the blue waffles are on the counter." His mum said.

"Sure..." he mumbled.

She looked up. "Ooh, do tell what happened."

He sighed, exasperated. "Nothing happened mum, I just helped Annabeth. At night."

Sally squealed, "Are you two finally dating! Thank the gods! Took you long enough my son! But sweetie, don't be too naughty, okay?" She said winking.

"Mum!" Percy cried. "No we are not dating she doesn't see me that way I'm just her best friend and it doesn't even matter that I have had a crush on her forever!"

Sally remained silent for a while. "Percy don't worry. You two are destiny. You've had that look on your face ever since summer camp when you were 13."

Percy chose to ignore the 'destiny' part.

How could he believe in it if Annabeth wasn't with him?

Hey my favourite people in the world!

How was it? Sorry it's a short chapter but I actually just split the chapter into two so yep...
fan art bring back memories of early fangirling? ;)

Mwah ha ha! 😈😈😈😈 they didn't get together!

Word count 378

Please vote and comment

Love you guys ❤️

~Rajita